Modes of Governance: A Note Towards Conceptual Clarification
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sartori, Giovanni, 1970. "Concept Misformation in Comparative Politics," American Political Science Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 1033-1053, December.
- Wolfgang Streeck, 1997. "Citizenship Under Regime Competition: The Case of the ,,European Works Councils"," Jean Monnet Working Papers 9, Jean Monnet Chair.
- Streeck, Wolfgang, 1997. "Citizenship under regime competition: The case of the European Works Councils," MPIfG Working Paper 97/3, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Andrew Jordan, 1999. "European Community Water Policy Standards: Locked in or Watered Down?," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(1), pages 13-37, March.
- Jörg Monar, 2005. "Justice and Home Affairs," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(s1), pages 131-146, September.
- Knill, Christoph & Lenschow, Andrea, 2003. "Modes of Regulation in the Governance of the European Union: Towards a Comprehensive Evaluation," European Integration online Papers (EIoP), European Community Studies Association Austria (ECSA-A), vol. 7, February.
- Streeck, Wolfgang, 1997. "Citizenship Under Regime Competition: The Case of the European Works Councils"," European Integration online Papers (EIoP), European Community Studies Association Austria (ECSA-A), vol. 1, April.
- James S. Mosher & David M. Trubek, 2003. "Alternative Approaches to Governance in the EU: EU Social Policy and the European Employment Strategy," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 63-88, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yinan Li & Neng Zhu & Beibei Qin, 2019. "What Affects the Progress and Transformation of New Residential Building Energy Efficiency Promotion in China: Stakeholders’ Perceptions," Energies, MDPI, vol. 12(6), pages 1-41, March.
- Harriet Bulkeley & Matt Watson & Ray Hudson, 2007. "Modes of Governing Municipal Waste," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 39(11), pages 2733-2753, November.
- Blom, Tannelie & Radulova, Elissaveta & Arnold, Christine, 2008. "Theorizing Modes of Governance in the EU: Institutional Design and Informational Complexity," European Governance Papers (EUROGOV) 4, CONNEX and EUROGOV networks.
- Niamh Hardiman, 2007. "Governing the Economy," Working Papers 200739, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Mario Sprovieri & Maurizio Ribera d’Alcalà & Patrick Roose & Aldo Drago & Karien De Cauwer & Federico Falcini & Inga Lips & Chiara Maggi & Aourell Mauffret & Jacek Tronczynski & Christina Zeri & Pier , 2021. "Science for Good Environmental Status: A European Joint Action to Support Marine Policy," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(15), pages 1-14, August.
- Xiaohui Ding & Chen Zhou & Weizhou Zhong & Pingping Tang, 2019. "Addressing Uncertainty of Environmental Governance in Environmentally Sensitive Areas in Developing Countries: A Precise-Strike and Spatial-Targeting Adaptive Governance Framework," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(16), pages 1-34, August.
- Annemarie van Zeijl-Rozema & Ron Cörvers & René Kemp & Pim Martens, 2008. "Governance for sustainable development: a framework," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(6), pages 410-421.
- Arnouts, Rikke & van der Zouwen, Mariëlle & Arts, Bas, 2012. "Analysing governance modes and shifts — Governance arrangements in Dutch nature policy," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 43-50.
- Raphael Bossong, 2008. "The Action Plan on Combating Terrorism: A Flawed Instrument of EU Security Governance," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46, pages 27-48, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Scharpf, Fritz W., 1997. "Balancing positive and negative integration: The regulatory options for Europe," MPIfG Working Paper 97/8, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Werner, Benjamin, 2013. "Der Streit um das VW-Gesetz: Wie Europäische Kommission und Europäischer Gerichtshof die Unternehmenskontrolle liberalisieren," Schriften aus dem Max-Planck-Institut für Gesellschaftsforschung Köln, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, volume 79, number 79.
- Scharpf, Fritz W., 2002. "The European Social Model: Coping with the challenges of diversity," MPIfG Working Paper 02/8, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Scharpf, Fritz W., 1997. "Demokratische Politik in der internationalisierten Ökonomie," MPIfG Working Paper 97/9, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Kemmerling, Achim & Bruttel, Oliver, 2005. "New politics in German labour market policy? The implications of the recent Hartz reforms for the German welfare state," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Labor Market Policy and Employment SP I 2005-101, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Gustav Lidén, 2013. "What about theory? The consequences on a widened perspective of social theory," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 213-225, January.
- Peters, Ina, 2014. "Too Abstract to Be Feasible? Applying the Grounded Theory Method in Social Movement Research," GIGA Working Papers 247, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Pursey Heugens & J. Oosterhout & Muel Kaptein, 2006. "Foundations and Applications for Contractualist Business Ethics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 68(3), pages 211-228, October.
- Xiaohong Yu & Zhaoyang Sun, 2022. "The company they keep: When and why Chinese judges engage in collegiality," Journal of Empirical Legal Studies, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 19(4), pages 936-1002, December.
- Schmid, Günther, 2004. "Gewährleistungsstaat und Arbeitsmarkt: Neue Formen von Governance in der Arbeitsmarktpolitik," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Labor Market Policy and Employment SP I 2004-107, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Thomas Denk, 2013. "How to measure polyarchy with Freedom House: a proposal for revision," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(6), pages 3457-3471, October.
- Charles Woolfson, 2006. "Working Environment and ‘Soft Law’ in the Post‐Communist New Member States," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 195-215, March.
- Anna Horv‡th, 2007. "Committee Governance after the Enlargement of the EU: the Institutionalisation of Cooperation within the Social Protection Committee," European Political Economy Review, European Political Economy Infrastructure Consortium, vol. 6(March), pages 53-73.
- Liesbet Hooghe & Gary Marks, 2015. "Delegation and pooling in international organizations," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 305-328, September.
- David Budde & Mathias Großklaus, 2011. "Patterns of Power. The EU‘s External Steering Techniques at Work - The Case of Democratization Policies in Morocco," KFG Working Papers p0022, Free University Berlin.
- Graeme Auld & Stefan Renckens, 2017. "Rule-Making Feedbacks through Intermediation and Evaluation in Transnational Private Governance," The ANNALS of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, , vol. 670(1), pages 93-111, March.
- Mathieu Rousselin, 2012. "The EU as a Multilateral Rule Exporter - The Global Transfer of European Rules via International Organizations," KFG Working Papers p0048, Free University Berlin.
- Jessica F Green, 2017. "Policy entrepreneurship in climate governance: Toward a comparative approach," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 35(8), pages 1471-1482, December.
- Thomas Prosser, 2017. "Explaining Implementation through Varieties of Capitalism Theory: The Case of the Telework and Work-related Stress Agreements," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(4), pages 889-908, July.
- Louise Tillin, 2013. "National and Subnational Comparative Politics: Why, What and How," Studies in Indian Politics, , vol. 1(2), pages 235-240, December.
More about this item
Keywordsgovernance; policy analysis; European law; open coordination; policy learning; national autonomy; interest intermediation; corporatism; pluralism; networks;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-REG-2006-05-20 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:erp:eurogo:p0009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.connex-network.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Jessica Spiegel The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Jessica Spiegel to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.connex-network.org/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.