Analysing and Assessing Public Accountability. A Conceptual Framework
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thompson, Dennis F., 1980. "Moral Responsibility of Public Officials: The Problem of Many Hands," American Political Science Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 74(4), pages 905-916, December.
- Sartori, Giovanni, 1970. "Concept Misformation in Comparative Politics," American Political Science Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 1033-1053, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pauline Allen & David Hughes & Peter Vincent-Jones & Christina Petsoulas & Shane Doheny & Jennifer A. Roberts, 2016. "Public Contracts as Accountability Mechanisms: Assuring quality in public health care in England and Wales," Public Management Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 20-39, January.
- Enefiok E. Essien, 2013. "Accountability and the Experience of the 2007 Global Financial Crisis," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(6), pages 785-791, June.
- Mattei, Paola, 2007. "The welfare state and new challenge from the back door," TranState Working Papers 65, University of Bremen, Collaborative Research Center 597: Transformations of the State.
- Deepa Narayan & Lant Pritchett & Soumya Kapoor, 2009. "Moving Out of Poverty : Volume 2. Success from the Bottom Up," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 11838, July.
- MARTENS, David, 2020. "FAT Flow: A data science ethics framework," Working Papers 2020004, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Maliheh Mansouri & Julie Rowney, 2014. "The Dilemma of Accountability for Professionals: A Challenge for Mainstream Management Theories," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 123(1), pages 45-56, August.
- Andersen, Torben M., 2013. "Fiscal policy targeting under imperfect information," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 114-130.
- Matthew Flinders, 2010. "Splintered Logic and Political Debate," Chapters, in: Graeme A. Hodge & Carsten Greve & Anthony E. Boardman (ed.), International Handbook on Public–Private Partnerships, chapter 6, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Popoola, Oluwatoyin Muse Johnson & Che-Ahmad, Ayoib & Samsudin, Rose Shamsiah, 2014. "Fraud and Forensic Accounting: Knowledge and Risk Assessment Task Performance in Malaysian Public Sector – Conceptual study," MPRA Paper 66680, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2014.
- Torben M. Andersen, 2013. "The Swedish Fiscal Policy Framework and Intermediate Fiscal Policy Targets," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 149(II), pages 231-248, June.
- Francisco Torres, 2006. "On the efficiency-legitimacy trade-off in EMU," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 36, Departamento de Economia, Gestão e Engenharia Industrial, Universidade de Aveiro.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Gustav Lidén, 2013. "What about theory? The consequences on a widened perspective of social theory," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 213-225, January.
- Peters, Ina, 2014. "Too Abstract to Be Feasible? Applying the Grounded Theory Method in Social Movement Research," GIGA Working Papers 247, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Pursey Heugens & J. Oosterhout & Muel Kaptein, 2006. "Foundations and Applications for Contractualist Business Ethics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 68(3), pages 211-228, October.
- Thomas Denk, 2013. "How to measure polyarchy with Freedom House: a proposal for revision," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(6), pages 3457-3471, October.
- Sarah Maslen & Jan Hayes & Janice Wong & Christina Scott-Young, 2020. "Witch hunts and scapegoats: an investigation into the impact of personal liability concerns on engineers’ reporting of risks," Environment Systems and Decisions, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 413-426, September.
- Livia Johannesson & Noomi Weinryb, 2021. "How to blame and make a difference: perceived responsibility and policy consequences in two Swedish pro-migrant campaigns," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 54(1), pages 41-62, March.
- Liesbet Hooghe & Gary Marks, 2015. "Delegation and pooling in international organizations," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 305-328, September.
- Jessica F Green, 2017. "Policy entrepreneurship in climate governance: Toward a comparative approach," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 35(8), pages 1471-1482, December.
- Kaminski Joseph Jon, 2019. "Rethinking Realism and Constructivism Through the Lenses of Themes and Ontological Primacy," Croatian International Relations Review, Sciendo, vol. 25(85), pages 6-29, November.
- Mueller, Klaus, 1997. "East European studies, neo-totalitarianism and social science theory," Discussion Papers, Presidential Department P 97-004, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Gutiérrez Sanín, Francisco, 2009. "The quandaries of coding and ranking: evaluating poor state performance indexes," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28483, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Riccardo Pelizzo, 2018.
"Democracy and Governance,"
Research Africa Network Working Papers
18/004, Research Africa Network (RAN).
- Riccardo Pelizzo, 2018. "Democracy and Governance," Working Papers of the African Governance and Development Institute. 18/004, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Arnošt Veselý, 2017. "Policy advice as policy work: a conceptual framework for multi-level analysis," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 50(1), pages 139-154, March.
- Iris Wanzenböck & Joeri H Wesseling & Koen Frenken & Marko P Hekkert & K Matthias Weber, 0.
"A framework for mission-oriented innovation policy: Alternative pathways through the problem–solution space,"
Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(4), pages 474-489.
- Wanzenböck, Iris & Wesseling, Joeri & Frenken, Koen & Hekkert, Marko & Weber, Matthias, 2019. "A framework for mission-oriented innovation policy: Alternative pathways through the problem-solution space," SocArXiv njahp, Center for Open Science.
- Pesch, Udo, 2015. "Tracing discursive space: Agency and change in sustainability transitions," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 90(PB), pages 379-388.
- repec:bla:glopol:v:8:y:2017:i::p:75-84 is not listed on IDEAS
- Klaus H. Goetz & Ronny Patz & Jörn Ege & Michael W. Bauer, 2017. "How Financial Resources Affect the Autonomy of International Public Administrations," Global Policy, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 8(s5), pages 75-84, August.
- Bechle, Karsten, 2010. "Neopatrimonialism in Latin America: Prospects and Promises of a Neglected Concept," GIGA Working Papers 153, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Prasetyono, Pipin, 2017. "Facilitating payments: an ethical problem in the Indonesian bureaucracy," MPRA Paper 97656, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- McGovern, Patrick, 2014. "Contradictions at work: a critical review," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 45188, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Legewie, Nicholas, 2018. "Anchored Calibration: From Qualitative Data to Fuzzy Sets," EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsaccountability; governance; democracy; political science; law; sociology;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-REG-2006-05-20 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:erp:eurogo:p0005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.connex-network.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Jessica Spiegel The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Jessica Spiegel to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.connex-network.org/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.