The Neofunctionalists Were (almost) Right: Politicization and European Integration
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Johan P. Olsen, 2004. "Unity, diversity and democratic institutions. What can we learn from the European Union as a large-scale experiment in political organization and governing?," ARENA Working Papers 13, ARENA.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:81:y:1987:i:04:p:1289-1319_20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wolfgang Streeck & Philippe C. Schmttter, 1991. "From National Corporatism to Transnational Pluralism: Organized Interests in the Single European Market," Politics & Society, , vol. 19(2), pages 133-164, June.
- Eichenberg, Richard C. & Dalton, Russell J., 1993. "Europeans and the European Community: the dynamics of public support for European integration," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 47(04), pages 507-534, September.
- Haas, Ernst B., 1961. "International Integration: The European and the Universal Process," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(03), pages 366-392, June.
- Hall, Peter A. & Soskice, David (ed.), 2001. "Varieties of Capitalism: The Institutional Foundations of Comparative Advantage," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199247752.
- Schmitter, Philippe C., 1970. "A Revised Theory of Regional Integration," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(04), pages 836-868, September.
- Evans, Geoffrey & Whitefield, Stephen, 1993. "Identifying the Bases of Party Competition in Eastern Europe," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, pages 521-548.
- Nye, J. S., 1970. "Comparing Common Markets: A Revised Neo-Functionalist Model," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(04), pages 796-835, September.
- Haas, Ernst B., 1970. "The Study of Regional Integration: Reflections on the Joy and Anguish of Pretheorizing," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(04), pages 606-646, September.
- MARK FRANKLIN & MICHAEL MARSH & LAUREN McLAREN, 1994. "Uncorking the Bottle: Popular Opposition to European Unification in the Wake of Maastricht," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(4), pages 455-472, December.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:97:y:2003:i:02:p:233-243_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Scharpf, Fritz W., 2001. "European governance: Common concerns vs. the challenge of diversity," MPIfG Working Paper 01/6, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Pollack, Mark A., 2003. "The Engines of European Integration: Delegation, Agency, and Agenda Setting in the EU," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199251179.
More about this item
Keywordspolitical science; integration theory; neo-functionalism; identity; multilevel governance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-12-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2006-12-16 (European Economics)
- NEP-REG-2006-12-16 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:erp:conweb:p0024. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jan WILKENS). General contact details of provider: https://www.wiso.uni-hamburg.de/fachbereich-sowi/professuren/wiener/forschung/publikationen/conwebpapers.html .