An International Comparison of Small Business Employment
Contrary to popular perceptions, the United States has a much smaller small-business sector (as a share of total employment) than other countries at a comparable level of economic development, according to this new CEPR report. The authors observe that the undersized U.S. small business sector is consistent with the view that high health care costs discourage small business formation, since start-ups in other countries can tap into government-funded health care systems.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1611 Connecticut Ave, NW Suite 400, Washington, DC 20009|
Phone: (202) 293-5380
Fax: (202) 588 1356
Web page: http://www.cepr.net/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert W. Fairlie & Kanika Kapur & Susan M. Gates, 2009.
"Is employer-based health insurance a barrier to entrepreneurship?,"
200903, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Fairlie, Robert W. & Kapur, Kanika & Gates, Susan, 2011. "Is employer-based health insurance a barrier to entrepreneurship?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 146-162, January.
- Fairlie, Robert W. & Kapur, Kanika & Gates, Susan, 2010. "Is Employer-Based Health Insurance a Barrier to Entrepreneurship?," IZA Discussion Papers 5203, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Robert W. Fairlie & Kanika Kapur & Susan Gates, 2009. "Is Employer-Based Health Insurance a Barrier to Entrepreneurship?," Working Papers 200939, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Alison J. Wellington, 2001. "Health Insurance Coverage And Entrepreneurship," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(4), pages 465-478, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:epo:papers:2009-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.