Grabbing the 'clean slate' : The politics of the intersection of land grabbing, disasters and climate change
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Harvey, David, 2005. "The New Imperialism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199278084.
- Borras, S.M., 1998. "Bibingka strategy to land reform and implementation : autonomous peasant mobilizations and state reformists in the Philippines," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19017, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Klaus Deininger & Clarissa Augustinus & Stig Enemark & Paul Munro-Faure, 2010. "Innovations in Land Rights Recognition, Administration, and Governance," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2519, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ahmed, Abubakari & Kuusaana, Elias Danyi & Gasparatos, Alexandros, 2018. "The role of chiefs in large-scale land acquisitions for jatropha production in Ghana: insights from agrarian political economy," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 570-582.
- Knudsen, Daniel C. & Rickly, Jillian M. & Vidon, Elizabeth S., 2016. "The fantasy of authenticity: Touring with Lacan," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 33-45.
- David Cassass, 2013. "Adam Smith's Republican Moment: Lessons for Today's Emancipatory Thought," Economic Thought, World Economics Association, vol. 2(2), pages 1-1, October.
- Casassas David, 2016. "Economic Sovereignty as the Democratization of Work: The Role of Basic Income," Basic Income Studies, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-15, June.
- Patrick J. Devlin, 2010. "Exploring efficiency's dominance: the wholeness of the process," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 7(2), pages 141-162, June.
- Woods, Kevin M., 2020. "Smaller-scale land grabs and accumulation from below: Violence, coercion and consent in spatially uneven agrarian change in Shan State, Myanmar," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 127(C).
- Anders Lund Hansen & Henrik Gutzon Larsen & Adam Grydehoj & Eric Clark, 2015. "Financialisation of the built environment in Stockholm and Copenhagen," Working papers wpaper115, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Røpke, Inge, 2020. "Econ 101—In need of a sustainability transition," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 169(C).
- Nihel Chabrak & Russell Craig & Nabyla Daidj, 2016. "Financialization and the Employee Suicide Crisis at France Telecom," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 139(3), pages 501-515, December.
- Triantis, Loukas, 2018. "The post-socialist restitution of property as dispossession: Social dynamics and land development in Southern Albania," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 584-592.
- Gabay, Mónica & Alam, Mahbubul, 2017. "Community forestry and its mitigation potential in the Anthropocene: The importance of land tenure governance and the threat of privatization," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 26-35.
- Pádraig Carmody, 2008. "Matrix Governance, Cruciform Sovereignty and the Poverty Regime in Africa," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp267, IIIS.
- David Slater, 2010. "Imperial powers and democratic imaginations," Revista Sociedad y EconomÃa - CIDSE, Universidad del Valle - CIDSE, December.
- Chévez, Pedro Joaquín & Martini, Irene & Discoli, Carlos, 2019. "Methodology developed for the construction of an urban-energy diagnosis aimed to assess alternative scenarios: An intra-urban approach to foster cities’ sustainability," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 237(C), pages 751-778.
- Akaateba, Millicent Awialie & Huang, Huang & Adumpo, Emile Akangoa, 2018. "Between co-production and institutional hybridity in land delivery: Insights from local planning practice in peri-urban Tamale, Ghana," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 215-226.
- Whiteside, Heather, 2020. "Privatizing Canadian government land and real estate: Railroads, reconciliation, and rip-offs," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C).
- Roy Maconachie & Radhika Srinivasan & Nicholas Menzies, . "Responding to the Challenge of Fragility and Security in West Africa," World Bank Other Operational Studies, The World Bank, number 22511, March.
- Dengler, Corinna & Seebacher, Lisa Marie, 2019. "What About the Global South? Towards a Feminist Decolonial Degrowth Approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 246-252.
- -, 2007. "Caribbean development report Volume I," Sede Subregional de la CEPAL para el Caribe (Estudios e Investigaciones) 38725, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2018. "Bamboo Beating Bandits: Conflict, Inequality, and Vulnerability in the Political Ecology of Climate Change Adaptation in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 183-194.
More about this item
Keywordsland grabs; climate change; disasters; Philippines; small islands;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2016-02-23 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2016-02-23 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-POL-2016-02-23 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2016-02-23 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ems:euriss:77539. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/issssnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: RePub (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/issssnl.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.