Discrimination through "Versioning" with Advertising in Random Networks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy, 1993. "A Simple Theory of Advertising as a Good or Bad," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(4), pages 941-964.
- Lewis, Tracy R. & Sappington, David E. M., 1991. "All-or-nothing information control," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 111-113, October.
- Lewis, Tracy R & Sappington, David E M, 1994. "Supplying Information to Facilitate Price Discrimination," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(2), pages 309-327, May.
- Arthur Campbell, 2013. "Word-of-Mouth Communication and Percolation in Social Networks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(6), pages 2466-2498, October.
- Itay P. Fainmesser & Andrea Galeotti, 2016. "Pricing Network Effects," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 83(1), pages 165-198.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial networks; second-degree discrimination; advertising; degree distributions; hazard rate;
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- M3 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-07-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2017-07-30 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-MIC-2017-07-30 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-MKT-2017-07-30 (Marketing)
- NEP-SOC-2017-07-30 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-URE-2017-07-30 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emc:wpaper:dte600. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Daniel Ventosa-Santaulària). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cideemx.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.