The Effect of Bankruptcy Reform on the Number of Corporate Reorganization Proposals
One of the major aims of the 1992 reform to bankruptcy law in Canada was to increase the number of commercial reorganization proposals. The purpose of this paper is to analyze the number of reorganization proposals filed by companies in Toronto and Montreal before and after bankruptcy reform to see whether the reform has had its intended effect. Controlling for a variety of macroeconomic and policy factors that also influence the number of reorganization proposals, we find that bankruptcy reform has significantly increased the number of corporate reorganization proposals filed in Toronto and Montreal.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 33 1 34 25 60 63
Fax: 33 1 34 25 62 33
Web page: http://thema.u-cergy.fr
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pekka Ilmakunnas & Jukka Topi, 1999.
"Microeconomic and Macroeconomic Influences on Entry and Exit of Firms,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 283-301, November.
- Ilmakunnas, Pekka & Topi, Jukka, 1996. "Microeconomic and Macroeconomic Influences on Entry and Exit of Firms," Research Discussion Papers 6/1996, Bank of Finland.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1995.
"Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 27-48, Fall.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1995. "Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission," Working Papers 95-15, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1995. "Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission," NBER Working Papers 5146, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baldwin, John R., 1998. "Failing Concerns: Business Bankruptcy in Canada," Failing Concerns: Business Bankruptcy in Canada, Statistics Canada, Economic Analysis, number stcb1e, December.
- Timothy C. G. Fisher & Jocelyn Martel, 1994. "Will the Bankruptcy Reform Work? An Empirical Analysis of Financial Reorganization in Canada," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 20(3), pages 265-277, September.
- Martel, Jocelyn, 1996. "Impact anticipé de la réforme à la loi sur la faillite," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 72(4), pages 417-432, décembre.
- Charles Freedman, 1995. "The role of monetary conditions and the monetary conditions index in the conduct of policy [speech]," Bank of Canada Review, Bank of Canada, vol. 1995(Autumn), pages 53-59.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ema:worpap:2000-46. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marion Oury)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Marion Oury to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.