Continuous Approximations of Stochastic Evolutionary Game Dynamics
We derive continuous approximations of stochastic evolutionary dynamics in games. Depending on how we construct the continuous limit, we obtain a continuous approxi-mation that is either an ordinary differential equation (ODE) or a stochastic differential equation (SDE). Our SDE approximation result provides the first derivation of a SDE from an underlying discrete stochastic evolutionary game model. In deriving both an ODE and a SDE limit from the same model, our results provide information regarding the conditions under which the different limits arise.
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://else.econ.ucl.ac.uk/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- T. Borgers & R. Sarin, 2010.
"Learning Through Reinforcement and Replicator Dynamics,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
380, David K. Levine.
- Borgers, Tilman & Sarin, Rajiv, 1997. "Learning Through Reinforcement and Replicator Dynamics," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 1-14, November.
- Tilman B�rgers & Rajiv Sarin, . "Learning Through Reinforcement and Replicator Dynamics," ELSE working papers 051, ESRC Centre on Economics Learning and Social Evolution.
- Fudenberg, D. & Harris, C., 1992.
"Evolutionary dynamics with aggregate shocks,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 420-441, August.
- Newey, Whitney K, 1991.
"Uniform Convergence in Probability and Stochastic Equicontinuity,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 1161-67, July.
- Newey, W.K., 1989. "Uniform Convergence In Probability And Stochastic Equicontinuity," Papers 342, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Cabrales, Antonio, 2000.
"Stochastic Replicator Dynamics,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 41(2), pages 451-81, May.
- Jorgen W. Weibull, 1997. "Evolutionary Game Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262731215, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:els:esrcls:002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (s. malkani)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask s. malkani to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.