A Note on Risk Acceptance, Bankruptcy Avoidance and Riskiness Measures
In this work we clarify the relationships between riskiness, risk acceptance and bankruptcy avoidance. We distinguish between the restriction on the current wealth required to make a gamble acceptable to the decision maker and the restriction on the current wealth required to guarantee no bankruptcy if a gamble is accepted. We focus on the measure of riskiness proposed by Foster and Hart.
|Date of creation:||30 Sep 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avenida Lehendakari Aguirre, 83, 48015 Bilbao|
Web page: http://www.dfaeii.ehu.es
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Dpto. de Fundamentos del Análisis Económico II, = Facultad de CC. Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad del País Vasco, Avda. Lehendakari Aguirre 83, 48015 Bilbao, Spain|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Aumann & Roberto Serrano, 2007.
"An economic index of riskiness,"
2007-08, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Robert J. Aumann & Roberto Serrano, 2006. "An Economic Index of Riskiness," Levine's Bibliography 321307000000000585, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Robert J. Aumann & Roberto Serrano, 2007. "An Economic Index of Riskiness," Levine's Bibliography 321307000000000836, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Robert J. Aumann & Roberto Serrano, 2006. "An Economic Index of Riskiness," Working Papers 2006-20, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Robert J. Aumann & Roberto Serrano, 2007. "An Economic Index of Riskiness," Discussion Paper Series dp446, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Turan G. Bali & Nusret Cakici & Fousseni Chabi-Yo, 2011. "A Generalized Measure of Riskiness," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(8), pages 1406-1423, August.
- Riedel, Frank & Hellmann, Tobias, 2014.
"The Foster-Hart measure of riskiness for general gambles,"
Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers
474, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- Hellmann, Tobias & Riedel, Frank, 2015. "The Foster-Hart measure of riskiness for general gambles," Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 10(1), pages -, January.
- Frank Riedel & Tobias Hellmann, 2013. "The Foster-Hart Measure of Riskiness for General Gambles," Papers 1301.1471, arXiv.org.
- Hellmann, Tobias & Riedel, Frank, 2013. "The Foster-Hart Measure of Riskiness for General Gambles," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79752, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Dean P. Foster & Sergiu Hart, 2011.
"A Wealth-Requirement Axiomatization of Riskiness,"
Discussion Paper Series
dp577, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1971. "Increasing risk II: Its economic consequences," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 66-84, March.
- Sergiu Hart, 2011.
"Comparing Risks by Acceptance and Rejection,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 119(4), pages 617-638.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehu:dfaeii:10739. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alcira Macías Redondo)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.