Robust portfolios and weak incentives in long-run investments
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Patrick Bolton & Mathias Dewatripont, 2005. "Contract Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262025760, January.
- Acharya, Viral V. & John, Kose & Sundaram, Rangarajan K., 2000.
"On the optimality of resetting executive stock options,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 65-101, July.
- Viral Acharya & Kose John & Rangarajan K. Sundaram, 1999. "On the Optimality of Resetting Executive Stock Options," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-087, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- B. Bouchard & N. Touzi & A. Zeghal, 2004. "Dual formulation of the utility maximization problem: the case of nonsmooth utility," Papers math/0405290, arXiv.org.
- Alex Edmans & Xavier Gabaix & Tomasz Sadzik & Yuliy Sannikov, 2012. "Dynamic CEO Compensation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 67(5), pages 1603-1647, October.
- Jennifer N. Carpenter, 2000. "Does Option Compensation Increase Managerial Risk Appetite?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(5), pages 2311-2331, October.
- Dybvig, Philip H & Rogers, L C G & Back, Kerry, 1999. "Portfolio Turnpikes," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(1), pages 165-195.
- Kasper Larsen, 2005. "Optimal portfolio delegation when parties have different coefficients of risk aversion," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(5), pages 503-512.
- Yakov Amihud & Baruch Lev, 1981. "Risk Reduction as a Managerial Motive for Conglomerate Mergers," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(2), pages 605-617, Autumn.
- Cox, John C. & Huang, Chi-fu, 1992. "A continuous-time portfolio turnpike theorem," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 491-507.
- Ross, Stephen A., 1974.
"Portfolio turnpike theorems for constant policies,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 171-198, July.
- Stephen A. Ross, "undated". "Portfolio Turnpike Theorems for Constant Policies," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 20-73, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Cadenillas, Abel & Cvitanic, Jaksa & Zapatero, Fernando, 2004. "Leverage decision and manager compensation with choice of effort and volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 71-92, July.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1531 is not listed on IDEAS
- DeFusco, Richard A & Johnson, Robert R & Zorn, Thomas S, 1990. " The Effect of Executive Stock Option Plans on Stockholders and Bondholders," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(2), pages 617-627, June.
- Kevin J. Murphy & Brian J. Hall, 2000.
"Optimal Exercise Prices for Executive Stock Options,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 209-214, May.
- Brian J. Hall & Kevin J. Murphy, 2000. "Optimal Exercise Prices for Executive Stock Options," NBER Working Papers 7548, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hakansson, Nils H., 1974. "Convergence to isoelastic utility and policy in multiperiod portfolio choice," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 201-224, September.
- Mark A. Chen, 2004. "Executive Option Repricing, Incentives, and Retention," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(3), pages 1167-1200, June.
- Cadenillas, Abel & Cvitanic, Jaksa & Zapatero, Fernando, 2007. "Optimal risk-sharing with effort and project choice," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 403-440, March.
- May, Don O, 1995. " Do Managerial Motives Influence Firm Risk Reduction Strategies?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(4), pages 1291-1308, September.
- Smith, Clifford W. & Stulz, René M., 1985. "The Determinants of Firms' Hedging Policies," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(04), pages 391-405, December.
- Jin, Xing, 1998. "Consumption and portfolio turnpike theorems in a continuous-time finance model1," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 1001-1026, May.
- P. Carr & D. Madan, 2001. "Optimal positioning in derivative securities," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 19-37.
More about this item
Keywordslong run; portfolio choice; incentives; executive compensation;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:60577. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.