The Effects of Public Capital on Regional Convergence in Turkey
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Orhan Karaca, 2004. "Türkiye’de Bölgelerarasý Gelir Farklýlýklarý: Yakýnsama Var mý?," Working Papers 2004/7, Turkish Economic Association.
- Garcia-Mila, Teresa & McGuire, Therese J & Porter, Robert H, 1996.
"The Effect of Public Capital in State-Level Production Functions Reconsidered,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(1), pages 177-180, February.
- Teresa Garcia-Milà & Therese J. McGuire & Robert H. Porter, 1993. "The effect of public capital in state-level production functions reconsidered," Economics Working Papers 36, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Candemir, Mehmet & Deliktas, Ertugrul, 2009. "Production Efficiency and Total Factor Productivity Growth in Turkish State Agricultural Enterprises," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 8(2).
- Ertugrul Deliktas & A. Önder & Metin Karadag, 2009. "The spillover effects of public capital on the Turkish private manufacturing industries in the geographical regions," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(2), pages 365-378, June.
- Ayse Ozden Birkan & Serpil Kahraman Akdogu, 2016. "The geography of financial intermediation in Turkey: 1988–2013," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 57(1), pages 31-61, July.
- Celbis M.G. & Crombrugghe D.P.I. de, 2014. "Can internet infrastructure help reduce regional disparities? : evidence from Turkey," MERIT Working Papers 2014-078, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Metin KARADAG, 2010. "The Impact of Public Capital on the Efficiency of Private Manufacturing Industry at the Regional Level," Ege Academic Review, Ege University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, vol. 10(4), pages 1167-1174.
- Davide Luca, 2016. "Do bureaucracies enhance or constrain policy effectiveness? Evidence from Turkey’s central management of public investment," LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series 109, European Institute, LSE.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dorothée Allain-Dupré & Claudia Hulbert & Margaux Vincent, 2017. "Subnational Infrastructure Investment in OECD Countries: Trends and Key Governance Levers," OECD Regional Development Working Papers 2017/05, OECD Publishing.
- Raffaello Bronzini & Paolo Piselli, 2006. "Determinants of long-run regional productivity: the role of R&D, human capital and public infrastructure," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 597, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Hasan Engin DURAN, 2015. "Non-Linear Regional Income Divergence And Policies: Turkey Case," Regional Science Inquiry, Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(2), pages 107-114, December.
- Haughwout, Andrew F., 1998. "Aggregate Production Functions, Interregional Equilibrium, and the Measurement of Infrastructure Productivity," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 216-227, September.
- Andreas Stephan, 1997. "The Impact of Road Infrastructure on Productivity and Growth: Some Preliminary Results for the German Manufacturing Sector," CIG Working Papers FS IV 97-47, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Urrunaga, Roberto & Aparicio, Carlos, 2012. "Infrastructure and economic growth in Peru," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Yannis Psycharis & Vassilis Tselios, 2012.
"Public investment and regional growth and convergence: Evidence from Greece,"
Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 91(3), pages 543-568, August.
- Psycharis, Yannis & Rodriguez-Pose, Andres & Tselios, Vassilis, 2012. "Public investment and regional growth and convergence: Evidence from Greece," CEPR Discussion Papers 9011, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Yannis Psycharis & Vassilis Tselios, 2012. "Public investment and regional growth and convergence: Evidence from Greece," Working Papers 2012-05, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Seungil Yum, 2019. "The interaction between knowledge-intensive business services and urban economy," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 63(1), pages 53-83, August.
- Ngongan, Elie, 2014. "Physical Infrastructures and Attractiveness of Private Capital in Sub-Saharan African (SSA) Countries," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 7-21.
- Lori L. Taylor & Stephen P. A. Brown, 2006. "The Private Sector Impact Of State And Local Government: Has More Become Bad?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 24(4), pages 548-562, October.
- Nikos Benos & Nikolaos Mylonidis & Stefania Zotou, 2017. "Estimating production functions for the US states: the role of public and human capital," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 52(2), pages 691-721, March.
- Wang, Chao & Lim, Ming K. & Zhang, Xinyi & Zhao, Longfeng & Lee, Paul Tae-Woo, 2020. "Railway and road infrastructure in the Belt and Road Initiative countries: Estimating the impact of transport infrastructure on economic growth," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 288-307.
- Karen Miranda & Oscar Martínez Ibáñez & Miguel Manjón Antolín, 2015.
"Estimating Individual Effects and their Spatial Spillovers in Linear Panel Data Models,"
- Miranda, Karen & Martínez Ibáñez, Oscar & Manjón Antolín, Miquel Carlos,, 2015. "Estimating individual effects and their spatial spillovers in linear panel data models," Working Papers 2072/261028, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Silvia Bertarelli, 2006. "Public capital and growth," Politica economica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 361-398.
- Haughwout, Andrew F., 1997. "Central city infrastructure investment and suburban house values," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 199-215, April.
- Kawaguchi, Daiji & Ohtake, Fumio & Tamada, Keiko, 2009. "The productivity of public capital: Evidence from Japan's 1994 electoral reform," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 332-343, September.
- Hasan ENGIN DURAN & Sevim PELIN OZKAN, 2015. "Trade Openness, Urban Concentration And City-Size Growth In Turkey," Regional Science Inquiry, Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(1), pages 35-46, June.
- Pellervo Hamalainen, 2009. "Review of literature on the productivity of public capital," Discussion Papers 55, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- Matthew Higgins & Andrew Young & Daniel Levy, 2009.
"Federal, state, and local governments: evaluating their separate roles in US growth,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 139(3), pages 493-507, June.
- Higgins, Matthew J. & Young, Andrew T. & Levy, Daniel, 2009. "Federal, State, and Local Governments: Evaluating Their Separate Roles in US Growth," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 493-507.
- Higgins, Matthew & Young, Andrew & Levy, Daniel, 2006. "Federal, State, and Local Governments: Evaluating their Separate Roles in US Growth," MPRA Paper 1014, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Higgins, Matthew & Young, Andrew & Levy, Daniel, 2009. "Federal, State, and Local Governments: Evaluating their Separate Roles in US Growth," MPRA Paper 13094, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Matthew J. Higgins & Andrew T. Young & Daniel Levy, 2008. "Federal, State, and Local Governments:Evaluating their Separate Roles in US Growth," Working Papers 2008-02, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Matthew J Higgins & Andrew Young & Daniel Levy, 2009. "Federal, state, and local governments: evaluating their separate roles in US growth," Post-Print hal-02387510, HAL.
- Mitra, Arup & Sharma, Chandan & Véganzonès-Varoudakis, Marie-Ange, 2016.
"Infrastructure, information & communication technology and firms’ productive performance of the Indian manufacturing,"
Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 353-371.
- Marie-Ange Véganzonès-Varoudakis & Arup Mitra & Chandan Sharma, 2012. "Infrastructure, Information & Communication Technology and Firms’ Productive Performance of the Indian Manufacturing," Post-Print hal-03058747, HAL.
- Marie-Ange Véganzonès-Varoudakis & Arup Mitra & Chandan Sharma, 2014. "Infrastructure, Information & Communication Technology and Firms’ Productive Performance of the Indian Manufacturing," Post-Print hal-03058510, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsRegional development; public capital; convergence; Turkish regions; spatial effects;
All these keywords.
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CWA-2007-02-24 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-GEO-2007-02-24 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-PBE-2007-02-24 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2007-02-24 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ege:wpaper:0701. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deegetr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Baris Gök (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deegetr.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.