Understanding "Appropriateness" in Multinational Corporations
Assessments of the appropriateness and inappropriateness of behaviors play an important role in interactions in multinational corporations (MNCs). We develop a model of appropriateness that that illustrates how various arrangements in MNCs (e.g., geocentric staffing) may work to influence the frequency of (in-) appropriateness assessments as well as the magnitude of reactions to such assessments via their influence on members' ingroup-outgroup categorizations.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.business.uiuc.edu/Working_Papers/Main.asp|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bruce Kogut & Harbir Singh, 1988. "The Effect of National Culture on the Choice of Entry Mode," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 19(3), pages 411-432, September.
- Nancy J Adler & Susan Bartholomew, 1992. "Academic and Professional Communities of Discourse: Generating Knowledge on Transnational Human Resource Management," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 23(3), pages 551-569, September.
- Di Martino, Luis Alberto & Sano, Makoto, 2003. ""Japanization" of the employment relationship: three cases in Argentina," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- Ng, K. Yee & Van Dyne, Linn, 2001. "Individualism-Collectivism as a Boundary Condition for Effectiveness of Minority Influence in Decision Making," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 198-225, March.
- Yves Doz & C K Prahalad, 1984. "Patterns of Strategic Control Within Multinational Corporations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 15(2), pages 55-72, June.
- Kwok Leung & Rabi S Bhagat & Nancy R Buchan & Miriam Erez & Cristina B Gibson, 2005. "Culture and international business: recent advances and their implications for future research," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 36(4), pages 357-378, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecl:illbus:05-0122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.