The common good of the company and the theory of organization
The concept of common good occupies a prominent place in political and social philosophy, yet it has had little impact on the theory of the firm. This is despite some recent attempts to resituate the theory of the firm on broader and therefore more fruitful anthropological and social foundations than those of traditional economic theory. The present study connects with other discussions of organization theory based on the ideas of Aristotle and Thomas Aquinas and is an attempt to explain how the concept of common good may be used to broaden the foundations of organization theory.
|Date of creation:||03 Jan 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.iese.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Antonio ArgandoÃ±a, 2008. "Integrating Ethics into Action Theory and Organizational Theory," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 78(3), pages 435-446, March.
- Argandoña, Antonio, 2007. "Anthropological and ethical foundations of organization theory," IESE Research Papers D/707, IESE Business School.
- Mahon, John F. & McGowan, Richard A., 1991. "Searching for the common good: A process-oriented approach," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 79-86.
- Hector O. Rocha & Sumantra Ghoshal, 2006. "Beyond Self-Interest Revisited," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(3), pages 585-619, 05.
- Joan Fontrodona & Alejo Sison, 2006. "The Nature of the Firm, Agency Theory and Shareholder Theory: A Critique from Philosophical Anthropology," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 66(1), pages 33-42, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebg:iesewp:d-0777. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Noelia Romero)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.