Competing for shelf space
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Ming-Hsien, 2001. "An efficient algorithm to allocate shelf space," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 131(1), pages 107-118, May.
- Yunzeng Wang & Yigal Gerchak, 2001. "Supply Chain Coordination when Demand Is Shelf-Space Dependent," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 3(1), pages 82-87, August.
- Albert van Dijk & Harald J. van Heerde & Peter S.H. Leeflang & Dick R. Wittink, 2004. "Similarity-Based Spatial Methods to Estimate Shelf Space Elasticities," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 257-277, September.
- Georgia Perakis & Guillaume Roels, 2007. "The Price of Anarchy in Supply Chains: Quantifying the Efficiency of Price-Only Contracts," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(8), pages 1249-1268, August.
- Fernando Bernstein & Awi Federgruen, 2005. "Decentralized Supply Chains with Competing Retailers Under Demand Uncertainty," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(1), pages 18-29, January.
- Joseph J. Spengler, 1950. "Vertical Integration and Antitrust Policy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58, pages 347-347.
- Scott M. Carr & Uday S. Karmarkar, 2005. "Competition in Multiechelon Assembly Supply Chains," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(1), pages 45-59, January.
- Andrew Lim & Brian Rodrigues & Xingwen Zhang, 2004. "Metaheuristics with Local Search Techniques for Retail Shelf-Space Optimization," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(1), pages 117-131, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gérard P. Cachon & A. Gürhan Kök, 2010. "Competing Manufacturers in a Retail Supply Chain: On Contractual Form and Coordination," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(3), pages 571-589, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Elodie Adida & Victor DeMiguel, 2011. "Supply Chain Competition with Multiple Manufacturers and Retailers," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 59(1), pages 156-172, February.
- Woonghee Tim Huh & Kun Soo Park, 2013. "Impact of transfer pricing methods for tax purposes on supply chain performance under demand uncertainty," Naval Research Logistics (NRL), John Wiley & Sons, vol. 60(4), pages 269-293, June.
- Shao, Xiao-Feng & Ji, Jian-Hua, 2009. "Effects of sourcing structure on performance in a multiple-product assemble-to-order supply chain," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 192(3), pages 981-1000, February.
- Elodie Adida & Georgia Perakis, 2014. "The effect of supplier capacity on the supply chain profit," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 223(1), pages 1-52, December.
- Murray, Chase C. & Talukdar, Debabrata & Gosavi, Abhijit, 2010. "Joint Optimization of Product Price, Display Orientation and Shelf-Space Allocation in Retail Category Management," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 125-136.
- Erjen van Nierop & Dennis Fok & Philip Hans Franses, 2008.
"Interaction Between Shelf Layout and Marketing Effectiveness and Its Impact on Optimizing Shelf Arrangements,"
Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(6), pages 1065-1082, 11-12.
- van Nierop, J.E.M. & Fok, D. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F., 2006. "Interaction Between Shelf Layout and Marketing Effectiveness and Its Impact On Optimizing Shelf Arrangements," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2006-013-MKT, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Altug, Mehmet Sekip & van Ryzin, Garrett, 2013. "Product quality selection: Contractual agreements and supplier competition in an assemble-to-order environment," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 626-638.
- Hansen, Jared M. & Raut, Sumit & Swami, Sanjeev, 2010. "Retail Shelf Allocation: A Comparative Analysis of Heuristic and Meta-Heuristic Approaches," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 94-105.
- Moon, Ilkyeong & Feng, Xuehao, 2017. "Supply chain coordination with a single supplier and multiple retailers considering customer arrival times and route selection," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 78-97.
- Zhao, Lima & Huchzermeier, Arnd, 2019. "Managing supplier financial distress with advance payment discount and purchase order financing," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 77-90.
- Yunzeng Wang, 2006. "Joint Pricing-Production Decisions in Supply Chains of Complementary Products with Uncertain Demand," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 54(6), pages 1110-1127, December.
- Saha, S. & Goyal, S.K., 2015. "Supply chain coordination contracts with inventory level and retail price dependent demand," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 140-152.
- Hua, Shengya & Liu, Jingchen & Cheng, T.C.E. & Zhai, Xin, 2019. "Financing and ordering strategies for a supply chain under the option contract," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 208(C), pages 100-121.
- Fang, Yaner & Shou, Biying, 2015. "Managing supply uncertainty under supply chain Cournot competition," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 243(1), pages 156-176.
- Ohmura, Shota & Matsuo, Hirofumi, 2016. "The effect of risk aversion on distribution channel contracts: Implications for return policies," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 176(C), pages 29-40.
- Robert Russell & Timothy Urban, 2010. "The location and allocation of products and product families on retail shelves," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 179(1), pages 131-147, September.
- Kumoi, Yuki & Matsubayashi, Nobuo, 2014. "Vertical integration with endogenous contract leadership: Stability and fair profit allocation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 238(1), pages 221-232.
- Halati, Abolhassan & He, Yuanjie, 2010. "Analysis of supply chains with quantity based fixed incentives," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 202(1), pages 214-222, April.
- Bianchi-Aguiar, Teresa & Hübner, Alexander & Carravilla, Maria Antónia & Oliveira, José Fernando, 2021. "Retail shelf space planning problems: A comprehensive review and classification framework," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 289(1), pages 1-16.
- Kim, Gwang & Moon, Ilkyeong, 2021. "Integrated planning for product selection, shelf-space allocation, and replenishment decision with elasticity and positioning effects," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 58(C).
More about this item
KeywordsGame theory; Supply chain competition; Price of Anarchy; Pricing; Supply contracts;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebg:iesewp:d-0717. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Noelia Romero). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ienaves.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.