Risk Management: An Interdisciplinary Framework
Risk is shown to be based on both theory and practice. It is shown to be conceptual and technical, blending behavioral psychology, financial economics and decision making under uncertainty into a coherent whole that justify the selection of risky choices. Its applications are also broadly distributed across many areas and fields of interest. The examples treated here have focused on both finance, insurance and on a few problems in industrial management however
|Date of creation:||Nov 2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: ESSEC Research Center, BP 105, 95021 Cergy, France|
Web page: http://www.essec.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jia, Jianmin & Dyer, James S & Butler, John C, 2001. "Generalized Disappointment Models," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 59-78, January.
- John Y. Campbell, 2000.
"Asset Pricing at the Millennium,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1897, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Kreps, David M, 1979. "A Representation Theorem for "Preference for Flexibility"," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 565-577, May.
- repec:spr:compst:v:45:y:1997:i:3:p:411-435 is not listed on IDEAS
- Suleyman Basak & Alex Shapiro, "undated".
"Value-at-Risk Based Risk Management: Optimal Policies and Asset Prices,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
06-99, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Basak, Suleyman & Shapiro, Alexander, 2001. "Value-at-Risk-Based Risk Management: Optimal Policies and Asset Prices," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(2), pages 371-405.
- Suleyman Basak & Alexander Shapiro, 1999. "Value-at-Risk Based Risk Management: Optimal Policies and Asset Prices," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-032, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Suleyman Basak & Alex Shapiro, "undated". "Value-at-Risk Based Risk Management: Optimal Policies and Asset Prices," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 6-99, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Gul, Faruk, 1991. "A Theory of Disappointment Aversion," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 667-686, May.
- Reyniers, Diane J. & Tapiero, Charles S., 1995. "Contract design and the control of quality in a conflictual environment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 373-382, April.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
7656, David K. Levine.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- GouriÃ©roux, Christian & Laurent, J.P. & Scaillet, Olivier, 1999.
"Sensitivity Analysis of Values at Risk,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
2000002, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES), revised 00 Jan 2000.
- Christian Gourieroux & J. P. Laurent & Olivier Scaillet, 2000. "Sensitivity Analysis of Values at Risk," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0162, Econometric Society.
- C. Gourieroux & J.P. Laurent & O. Scaillet, 2000. "Sensitivity analysis of values at risk," THEMA Working Papers 2000-04, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Christian Gourieroux & Jean-Paul Laurent & Olivier Scaillet, 2000. "Sensitivity Analysis of Values at Risk," Working Papers 2000-05, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Diane J. Reyniers & Charles S. Tapiero, 1995. "The Delivery and Control of Quality in Supplier-Producer Contracts," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(10), pages 1581-1589, October.
- Michael Spence, 1977. "Consumer Misperceptions, Product Failure and Producer Liability," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(3), pages 561-572.
- Nelson, Philip, 1974. "Advertising as Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 729-754, July/Aug..
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Bismut, Jean-Michel, 1975. "Growth and optimal intertemporal allocation of risks," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 239-257, April.
- Milton Friedman & L. J. Savage, 1948. "The Utility Analysis of Choices Involving Risk," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56, pages 279-279.
- Machina, Mark J, 1987. "Choice under Uncertainty: Problems Solved and Unsolved," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 121-154, Summer.
- Hadar, Josef & Russell, William R, 1969. "Rules for Ordering Uncertain Prospects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 25-34, March.
- Dekker, R. & van der Duyn Schouten, F.A. & Wildeman, R.E., 1996.
"A Review of Multi-Component Maintenance Models with Economic Dependence,"
Econometric Institute Research Papers
EI 9605-/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Rommert Dekker & Ralph Wildeman & Frank Duyn Schouten, 1997. "A review of multi-component maintenance models with economic dependence," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 45(3), pages 411-435, October.
- Nelson, Phillip, 1970. "Information and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 311-329, March-Apr.
- Borch, Karl, 1974. "Mathematical Models in Insurance," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 192-202, March.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- Charles S. Tapiero, 1982. "A Stochastic Model of Consumer Behavior and Optimal Advertising," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(9), pages 1054-1064, September.
- Loomes, Graham & Sugden, Robert, 1987. "Some implications of a more general form of regret theory," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 270-287, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebg:essewp:dr-03014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sophie Magnanou)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.