Does One Design Fit All? On The Transferability Of The PJM Market Design To The German Electricity Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Neuhoff, Karsten & Barquin, Julian & Bialek, Janusz W. & Boyd, Rodney & Dent, Chris J. & Echavarren, Francisco & Grau, Thilo & von Hirschhausen, Christian & Hobbs, Benjamin F. & Kunz, Friedrich & Nabe, 2013.
"Renewable electric energy integration: Quantifying the value of design of markets for international transmission capacity,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 760-772.
- Karsten Neuhoff & Rodney Boyd & Thilo Grau & Julian Barquin & Francisco Echavarren & Janusz Bialek & Chris Dent & Christian von Hirschhausen & Benjamin Hobbs & Friedrich Kunz & Hannes Weigt & Christia, 2011. "Renewable Electric Energy Integration: Quantifying the Value of Design of Markets for International Transmission Capacity," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1166, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Hogan, William W, 1992. "Contract Networks for Electric Power Transmission," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 211-242, September.
- Christine Brandstätt & Gert Brunekreeft & Nele Friedrichsen, 2011. "Locational signals to reduce network investments in smart distribution grids: what works and what not?," Bremen Energy Working Papers 0007, Bremen Energy Research.
- Brandstätt, Christine & Brunekreeft, Gert & Friedrichsen, Nele, 2011. "Locational signals to reduce network investments in smart distribution grids: What works and what not?," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 244-254.
- Wu, Felix & Varaiya, Pravin & Spiller, Pablo & Oren, Shmuel, 1996. "Folk Theorems on Transmission Access: Proofs and Counterexamples," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 5-23, July.
- Weber, Christoph, 2010. "Adequate intraday market design to enable the integration of wind energy into the European power systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3155-3163, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chaves-Ávila, José Pablo & van der Veen, Reinier A.C. & Hakvoort, Rudi A., 2014. "The interplay between imbalance pricing mechanisms and network congestions – Analysis of the German electricity market," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 52-61.
- Katrin Trepper & Michael Bucksteeg & Christoph Weber, 2013. "An integrated approach to model redispatch and to assess potential benefits from market splitting in Germany," EWL Working Papers 1319, University of Duisburg-Essen, Chair for Management Science and Energy Economics, revised Apr 2014.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bjoern Felten & Jessica Raasch & Christoph Weber, 2017. "Photovoltaics and Heat Pumps - Limitations of Local Pricing Mechanisms," EWL Working Papers 1702, University of Duisburg-Essen, Chair for Management Science and Energy Economics, revised Feb 2017.
- Bjørndal, Endre & Bjørndal, Mette & Gribkovskaia, Victoria, 2014. "A Nodal Pricing Model for the Nordic Electricity Market," Discussion Papers 2014/43, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Bjørndal, Endre & Bjørndal, Mette & Cai, Hong & Panos, Evangelos, 2018. "Hybrid pricing in a coupled European power market with more wind power," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 264(3), pages 919-931.
- Nele Friedrichsen, 2015. "Governing smart grids: the case for an independent system operator," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 553-572, June.
- Zugang Liu & Anna Nagurney, 2009. "An integrated electric power supply chain and fuel market network framework: Theoretical modeling with empirical analysis for New England," Naval Research Logistics (NRL), John Wiley & Sons, vol. 56(7), pages 600-624, October.
- Richard O’Neill & Emily Fisher & Benjamin Hobbs & Ross Baldick, 2008. "Towards a complete real-time electricity market design," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 220-250, December.
- Martin Weibelzahl & Alexandra Märtz, 2020. "Optimal storage and transmission investments in a bilevel electricity market model," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 287(2), pages 911-940, April.
- Paul Joskow & Jean Tirole, 2005.
"Merchant Transmission Investment,"
Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(2), pages 233-264, June.
- Paul Joskow & Jean Tirole, 2003. "Merchant Transmission Investment," Working Papers 0304, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Joskow, P. & Tirole, J., 2003. "Merchant Transmission Investment," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0324, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Paul Joskow & Jean Tirole, 2003. "Merchant Transmission Investment," Working Papers EP24, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Joskow, Paul L. & Tirole, Jean, 2004. "Merchant Transmission Investment," IDEI Working Papers 263, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Paul Joskow & Jean Tirole, 2003. "Merchant Transmission Investment," NBER Working Papers 9534, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jacqueline Boucher & Yves Smeers, 2001. "Alternative Models of Restructured Electricity Systems, Part 1: No Market Power," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 49(6), pages 821-838, December.
- Makoto TANAKA, 2005. "Optimal Transmission Capacity under Nodal Pricing and Incentive Regulation for Transco," Discussion papers 05021, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Felten, Björn & Weber, Christoph, 2018. "The value(s) of flexible heat pumps – Assessment of technical and economic conditions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 228(C), pages 1292-1319.
- Pape, Christian, 2018. "The impact of intraday markets on the market value of flexibility — Decomposing effects on profile and the imbalance costs," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 186-201.
- Meletiou, Alexis & Cambini, Carlo & Masera, Marcelo, 2018. "Regulatory and ownership determinants of unbundling regime choice for European electricity transmission utilities," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 13-25.
- Newbery, David & Pollitt, Michael G. & Ritz, Robert A. & Strielkowski, Wadim, 2018.
"Market design for a high-renewables European electricity system,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 695-707.
- Newbery, D. & Pollitt, M. & Ritz, R. & Strielkowski, W., 2017. "Market design for a high-renewables European electricity system," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1726, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- David Newbery & Michael Pollitt & Robert Ritz & Wadim Strielkowski, 2017. "Market design for a high-renewables European electricity system," Working Papers EPRG 1711, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Hu, Jing & Harmsen, Robert & Crijns-Graus, Wina & Worrell, Ernst & van den Broek, Machteld, 2018. "Identifying barriers to large-scale integration of variable renewable electricity into the electricity market: A literature review of market design," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 81(P2), pages 2181-2195.
- Bertsch, Joachim & Hagspiel, Simeon & Just, Lisa, 2016. "Congestion management in power systems - Long-term modeling framework and large-scale application," EWI Working Papers 2015-3, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- BOUCHER, Jacqueline & SMEERS, Yves, 1999. "Alternative models of restructured electricity systems. Part 1: no market power," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 1999050, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pär Holmberg and Ewa Lazarczyk, 2015. "Comparison of congestion management techniques: Nodal, zonal and discriminatory pricing," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Christian Pape, 2017. "The impact of intraday markets on the market value of flexibilityâ€“Decomposing effects on profile and the imbalance costs," EWL Working Papers 1711, University of Duisburg-Essen, Chair for Management Science and Energy Economics, revised Dec 2017.
- Buchmann, Marius, 2017. "The need for competition between decentralized governance approaches for data exchange in smart electricity grids—Fiscal federalism vs. polycentric governance," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 106-117.
More about this item
KeywordsNodal Pricing; Market Design; Electricity Markets;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2013-05-05 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ENE-2013-05-05 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2013-05-05 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-REG-2013-05-05 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dui:wpaper:1302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/fwessde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Andreas Fritz (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/fwessde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.