Characterizations of the Public and Private Ownership Solutions
This paper characterizes two public ownership solutions in convex production economies with multiple inputs and multiple outputs, known respectively as the proportional and equal benefit solutions (Roemer and Silvestre (1989)), by means of axioms of upper and unanimously lower bounds of welfare respectively and an axiom of informational efficiency, Supporting Price Independence.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 6-1 Mihogaoka, Ibaraki, Osaka 567-0047|
Web page: http://www.iser.osaka-u.ac.jp/index-e.html
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hervé Moulin, 1990. "Joint Ownership of a Convex Technology: Comparison of Three Solutions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(3), pages 439-452.
- Nagahisa, Ryo-ichi, 1991. "A local independence condition for characterization of Walrasian allocations rule," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 106-123, June.
- Fleurbaey, Marc & Maniquet, Francois, 1996. "Cooperative Production: A Comparison of Welfare Bounds," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 200-208, December.
- Maniquet, Francois, 1996. "Allocation Rules for a Commonly Owned Technology: The Average Cost Lower Bound," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 490-507, May.
- FrÊdÊric Gaspart, 1997.
"Objective measures of well-being and the cooperative production problem,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 15(1), pages 95-112.
- Gaspart, F., 1996. "Objective Measures of Well-Being and the Cooperative Production Problem," Papers 170, Notre-Dame de la Paix, Sciences Economiques et Sociales.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dpr:wpaper:0457. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fumiko Matsumoto)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.