Deprivation and the Dimnensionality of Welfare: A Variable-Selection Cluster-Analysis Approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Germán Caruso & Walter Sosa-Escudero & Marcela Svarc, 2015. "Deprivation and the Dimensionality of Welfare: A Variable-Selection Cluster-Analysis Approach," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 61(4), pages 702-722, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Leonardo Gasparini & Pablo Glüzmann, 2012.
"Estimating Income Poverty and Inequality from the GallupWorld Poll: The case of Latin America and the Caribbean,"
Journal of Income Distribution,
Journal of Income Distribution, vol. 21(1), pages 3-27, March.
- Gasparini, Leonardo & Gluzmann, Pablo, 2009. "Estimating income poverty and inequality from the Gallup World Poll: The case of Latin America and the Caribbean," MPRA Paper 42928, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Leonardo Gasparini & Pablo Gluzmann, 2009. "Estimating income poverty and inequality from the Gallup World Poll. The case of Latin America and the Caribbean," Working Papers 151, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Leonardo Gasparini & Pablo Gluzmann, 2009. "Estimating Income Poverty and Inequality from the Gallup World Poll: The Case of Latin America and the Caribbean," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0083, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Opazo, Luis & Raddatz, Claudio & Schmukler, Sergio L., 2009.
"The long and the short of emerging market debt,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5056, The World Bank.
- Luis Opazo & Claudio Raddatz & Sergio L Schmukler, 2010. "The Long and the Short of Emerging Market Debt," Working Papers 42, Superintendencia de Pensiones, revised Jun 2010.
- Luis Opazo & Claudio Raddatz & Sergio Schmukler, 2009. "The Long And The Short Of Emerging Market Debt," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 530, Central Bank of Chile.
- Keely, Louise C. & Tan, Chih Ming, 2008.
"Understanding preferences for income redistribution,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(5-6), pages 944-961, June.
- Chih Ming Tan & Louise C. Keely, 2004. "Understanding preferences for income redistribution," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 611, Econometric Society.
- Louise C. Keely & Chih Ming Tan, 2005. "Understanding Preferences For Income Redestribution," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0511, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Alkire, Sabina & Foster, James, 2011.
"Counting and multidimensional poverty measurement,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(7-8), pages 476-487, August.
- Ravallion, Martin & Lokshin, Michael, 2002. "Self-rated economic welfare in Russia," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(8), pages 1453-1473, September.
- Robert Tibshirani & Guenther Walther & Trevor Hastie, 2001. "Estimating the number of clusters in a data set via the gap statistic," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(2), pages 411-423.
- Fraiman, Ricardo & Justel, Ana & Svarc, Marcela, 2008. "Selection of Variables for Cluster Analysis and Classification Rules," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 103(483), pages 1294-1303.
- Tadesse, Mahlet G. & Sha, Naijun & Vannucci, Marina, 2005. "Bayesian Variable Selection in Clustering High-Dimensional Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 602-617, June.
- Raftery, Adrian E. & Dean, Nema, 2006. "Variable Selection for Model-Based Clustering," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 168-178, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Caruso, Germán & Scartascini, Carlos & Tommasi, Mariano, 2015.
"Are we all playing the same game? The economic effects of constitutions depend on the degree of institutionalization,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 212-228.
- Mariano Tommasi & Carlos Scartascini & Germán Caruso, 2013. "Are We All Playing the Same Game?: The Economic Effects of Constitutions Depend on the Degree of Institutionalization," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4612, Inter-American Development Bank.
- German Caruso & Carlos Scartascini & Mariano Tommasi, 2013. "Are We All Playing the Same Game? The Economic Effects of Constitutions Depend on the Degree of Institutionalization," Research Department Publications IDB-WP-237, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Rolf Aaberge & Andrea Brandolini, 2014. "Multidimensional poverty and inequality," Discussion Papers 792, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Mariano Tommasi & Germán Caruso & Carlos Scartascini, 2014. "Are We Playing the Same Game? The Economic Effects of Constitutions Depend on the Degree of Institutionalization," Working Papers 116, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Dec 2014.
- Sebastián J. Miller & Germán Caruso, 2014. "Quake'n and Shake'n...Forever! Long-Run Effects of Natural Disasters: A Case Study on the 1970 Ancash Earthquake," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 86774, Inter-American Development Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsMultidimensional welfare; poverty; factory analysis; clusters;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- C49 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dls:wpaper:0112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Pacheco). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/funlpar.html .