The Demonetization of Gold: Transactions and the Change in Control
Three models of a monetary economy are considered, in order to show the effects of a gold demonetization: the first with a gold money, the second with demonetized gold but no central bank, and the third with demonetized gold, but with a central bank. The distinctions between ownership and control are discussed.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Yale University, Box 208281, New Haven, CT 06520-8281 USA|
Phone: (203) 432-3702
Fax: (203) 432-6167
Web page: http://cowles.yale.edu/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Cowles Foundation, Yale University, Box 208281, New Haven, CT 06520-8281 USA|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sorin, Sylvain, 1996.
"Strategic Market Games with Exchange Rates,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 431-446, May.
- Sahi, Siddhartha & Yao, Shuntian, 1989. "The non-cooperative equilibria of a trading economy with complete markets and consistent prices," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 325-346, September.
- Martin Angerer & Juergen Huber & Martin Shubik & Shyam Sunder, 2007.
"An Economy with Personal Currency: Theory and Experimental Evidence,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1622, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Mar 2010.
- Martin Angerer & Juergen Huber & Martin Shubik & Shyam Sunder, 2010. "An economy with personal currency: theory and experimental evidence," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 475-509, October.
- Dubey, Pradeep & Shapley, Lloyd S., 1994. "Noncooperative general exchange with a continuum of traders: Two models," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 253-293, May.
- Martin Shubik, 2000.
"The Theory of Money,"
00-03-021, Santa Fe Institute.
- Thomas Quint & Martin Shubik, 2009. "Multistage Models of Monetary Exchange: An Elementary Discussion of Commodity Money, Fiat Money and Credit, Part 4," The IUP Journal of Monetary Economics, IUP Publications, vol. 0(1), pages 6-67, February.
- Dubey, Pradeep & Mas-Colell, Andreau & Shubik, Martin, 1980. "Efficiency properties of strategies market games: An axiomatic approach," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 339-362, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cwl:cwldpp:1814. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Glena Ames)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.