Bayesian inference for the mixed conditional heteroskedasticity model
We estimate by Bayesian inference the mixed conditional heteroskedasticity model of (Haas, Mittnik and Paolelella 2004a). We construct a Gibbs sampler algorithm to compute posterior and predictive densities. The number of mixture components is selected by the marginal likelihood criterion. We apply the model to the SP500 daily returns
|Date of creation:||01 Dec 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Place Montesquieu 3, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)|
Fax: +32 10473945
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/econ
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- BAUWENS, Luc & BOS, Charles S. & VAN DIJK, Herman K. & VAN OEST, Rutger D., .
"Adaptive radial-based direction sampling: some flexible and robust Monte Carlo integration methods,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
1731, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bauwens, Luc & Bos, Charles S. & van Dijk, Herman K. & van Oest, Rutger D., 2004. "Adaptive radial-based direction sampling: some flexible and robust Monte Carlo integration methods," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 123(2), pages 201-225, December.
- Bauwens, L. & Bos, C.S. & van Dijk, H.K. & van Oest, R.D., 2003. "Adaptive radial-based direction sampling; Some flexible and robust Monte Carlo integration methods," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2003-22, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-70, March.
- Bauwens, Luc & Lubrano, Michel & Richard, Jean-Francois, 2000. "Bayesian Inference in Dynamic Econometric Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198773139, December.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6069 is not listed on IDEAS
- Haas, Markus & Mittnik, Stefan & Paolella, Marc S., 2002.
"Mixed normal conditional heteroskedasticity,"
CFS Working Paper Series
2002/10, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Bollerslev, Tim & Engle, Robert F. & Nelson, Daniel B., 1986. "Arch models," Handbook of Econometrics, in: R. F. Engle & D. McFadden (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 49, pages 2959-3038 Elsevier.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ctl:louvec:2005058. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne DAVISTER-LOGIST)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.