Classification of functional data: a weighted distance approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- C. Abraham & P. A. Cornillon & E. Matzner‐Løber & N. Molinari, 2003. "Unsupervised Curve Clustering using B‐Splines," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 30(3), pages 581-595, September.
- C. Abraham & G. Biau & B. Cadre, 2006. "On the Kernel Rule for Function Classification," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 58(3), pages 619-633, September.
- Ferraty, F. & Vieu, P., 2003. "Curves discrimination: a nonparametric functional approach," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 161-173, October.
- Dabo-Niang, Sophie & Ferraty, Frederic & Vieu, Philippe, 2007. "On the using of modal curves for radar waveforms classification," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(10), pages 4878-4890, June.
- James G.M. & Sugar C.A., 2003. "Clustering for Sparsely Sampled Functional Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 98, pages 397-408, January.
- Ravi Jagannathan & Tongshu Ma, 2003.
"Risk Reduction in Large Portfolios: Why Imposing the Wrong Constraints Helps,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 58(4), pages 1651-1684, August.
- Ravi Jagannathan & Tongshu Ma, 2002. "Risk Reduction in Large Portfolios: Why Imposing the Wrong Constraints Helps," NBER Working Papers 8922, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roderick McDonald & Yukihiko Torii & Shizuhiko Nishisato, 1979. "Some results on proper eigenvalues and eigenvectors with applications to scaling," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 211-227, June.
- Li, Bin & Yu, Qingzhao, 2008. "Classification of functional data: A segmentation approach," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(10), pages 4790-4800, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Alonso, Andrés M. & Casado, David & Romo, Juan, 2012. "Supervised classification for functional data: A weighted distance approach," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(7), pages 2334-2346.
- Romo, Juan & López Pintado, Sara, 2005. "Depth-based classification for functional data," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws055611, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Maria Ruiz-Medina & Rosa Espejo & Elvira Romano, 2014. "Spatial functional normal mixed effect approach for curve classification," Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, Springer;German Classification Society - Gesellschaft für Klassifikation (GfKl);Japanese Classification Society (JCS);Classification and Data Analysis Group of the Italian Statistical Society (CLADAG);International Federation of Classification Societies (IFCS), vol. 8(3), pages 257-285, September.
- Jacques, Julien & Preda, Cristian, 2014. "Model-based clustering for multivariate functional data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 92-106.
- Hongxiao Zhu & Philip J. Brown & Jeffrey S. Morris, 2012. "Robust Classification of Functional and Quantitative Image Data Using Functional Mixed Models," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 68(4), pages 1260-1268, December.
- Li, Pai-Ling & Chiou, Jeng-Min, 2011. "Identifying cluster number for subspace projected functional data clustering," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(6), pages 2090-2103, June.
- Mojirsheibani, Majid & Shaw, Crystal, 2018. "Classification with incomplete functional covariates," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 40-46.
- Poskitt, D.S. & Sengarapillai, Arivalzahan, 2013.
"Description length and dimensionality reduction in functional data analysis,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 98-113.
- D. S. Poskitt & Arivalzahan Sengarapillai, 2009. "Description Length and Dimensionality Reduction in Functional Data Analysis," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 13/09, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Flores Díaz, Ramón Jesús & Lillo Rodríguez, Rosa Elvira & Romo Urroz, Juan, 2014. "Homogeneity test for functional data based on depth measures," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws140101, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Llop, P. & Forzani, L. & Fraiman, R., 2011. "On local times, density estimation and supervised classification from functional data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 73-86, January.
- O. I. Traore & P. Cristini & N. Favretto-Cristini & L. Pantera & P. Vieu & S. Viguier-Pla, 2019. "Clustering acoustic emission signals by mixing two stages dimension reduction and nonparametric approaches," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 631-652, June.
- Andrés Alonso & David Casado & Sara López-Pintado & Juan Romo, 2014. "Robust Functional Supervised Classification for Time Series," Journal of Classification, Springer;The Classification Society, vol. 31(3), pages 325-350, October.
- Joseph, Esdras & Galeano San Miguel, Pedro & Lillo Rodríguez, Rosa Elvira, 2013. "The Mahalanobis distance for functional data with applications to classification," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws131312, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Olusola Samuel Makinde, 2019. "Classification rules based on distribution functions of functional depth," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 60(3), pages 629-640, June.
- López Pintado, Sara & Casado, David & Alonso, Andrés M. & Romo Urroz, Juan, 2008. "A functional data based method for time series classification," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws087427, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Martin-Barragan, Belen & Lillo, Rosa & Romo, Juan, 2014. "Interpretable support vector machines for functional data," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 232(1), pages 146-155.
- Rendón, Carolina & Prieto, Francisco J. & Peña, Daniel, 2014. "Independent components techniques based on kurtosis for functional data analysis," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws141006, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Epifanio, Irene & Ventura-Campos, Noelia, 2011. "Functional data analysis in shape analysis," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(9), pages 2758-2773, September.
- Adam B. Kashlak & John A. D. Aston & Richard Nickl, 2019. "Inference on Covariance Operators via Concentration Inequalities: k-sample Tests, Classification, and Clustering via Rademacher Complexities," Sankhya A: The Indian Journal of Statistics, Springer;Indian Statistical Institute, vol. 81(1), pages 214-243, February.
- Bongiorno, Enea G. & Goia, Aldo, 2016. "Classification methods for Hilbert data based on surrogate density," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 204-222.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:wsrepe:ws093915. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Poveda). General contact details of provider: http://portal.uc3m.es/portal/page/portal/dpto_estadistica .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.