Simple Wald tests of the fractional integration parameter : an overview of new results
This paper presents an overview of some new results regarding an easily implementable Wald test-statistic (EFDF test) of the null hypotheses that a time-series process is I(1) or I(0) against fractional I(d) alternatives, with d?(0,1), allowing for unknown deterministic components and serial correlation in the error term. Specifically, we argue that the EFDF test has better power properties under fixed alternatives than other available tests for fractional roots, as well as analyze how to implement this test when the deterministic components or the long-memory parameter are subject to structural breaks.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +34-91 6249594
Fax: +34-91 6249329
Web page: http://www.eco.uc3m.es
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gil-Alana, L. A. & Robinson, P. M., 1997. "Testing of unit root and other nonstationary hypotheses in macroeconomic time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 241-268, October.
- Ignacio N. Lobato & Carlos Velasco, 2006. "Optimal Fractional Dickey-Fuller tests," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 9(3), pages 492-510, November.
- D Marinucci & Peter Robinson, 2001. "Narrow-band analysis of nonstationary processes," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2015, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ignacio N. Lobato & Carlos Velasco, 2005.
"Efficient Wald Tests For Fractional Unit Roots,"
Economics Working Papers
we056935, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Velasco, Carlos, 1999. "Non-stationary log-periodogram regression," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 325-371, August.
- Gonzalo, Jesus & Lee, Tae-Hwy, 1998.
"Pitfalls in testing for long run relationships,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 129-154, June.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1980. "Long memory relationships and the aggregation of dynamic models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 227-238, October.
- Ignacio N. Lobato & Carlos Velasco, 2004. "Optimal Fractional Dickey-Fuller Tests for Unit Roots," Working Papers 0401, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- D. Marinucci & Peter M. Robinson, 2001. "Narrow-band analysis of nonstationary processes," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 303, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:werepe:we20080129. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.