Path-breaking innovations for lung cancer: a revolution in clinical practice
Lung cancer is one of main cause of death worldwide and traditional chemotherapy agents have reached the maturity phase in the treatment of advanced non-small cell lung cancer. The purpose of this paper is to analyse the evolutionary growth of knowledge patterns of vital radical innovations to treat lung cancer, driven by new technological paradigm of the targeted therapy, that have generating a revolution in clinical practice, increasing the overall survival of patients and quality of life. This new scientific pathway has evolving with an allometric process that involves a disproportionate growth of targeted therapy in relation to standard platinum-based chemotherapy alone.
|Length:||26 pages Keywords : Radical Innovation, Technological Paradigm, Clinical Practice, Molecular Biology, Lung Cancer, Targeted Therapy.|
|Date of creation:||Jun 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Real Collegio, 30 10024 - Moncalieri TO|
Web page: http://www.ceris.cnr.it/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Azele Mathieu & Bruno Van Pottelsberghe, 2008.
"A note on the drivers of R&D intensity,"
Working Papers CEB
08-002.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Ottoz, Elisabetta & Cugno, Franco, 2010.
"Choosing the scope of trade secret law when secrets complement patents,"
20672, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ottoz, Elisabetta & Cugno, Franco, 2011. "Choosing the scope of trade secret law when secrets complement patents," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 219-227.
- Ottoz Elisabetta & Cugno Franco, 2009. "Choosing the Scope of Trade Secret Law when Secrets Complement Patents," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 200911, University of Turin.
- Bruno van Pottelsberghe, 2008.
"Europe's R&D: missing the wrong targets?,"
- Bruno Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, 2008. "Europe's R&D: Missing the Wrong Targets?," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;German National Library of Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 43(4), pages 220-225, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:csc:cerisp:201201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Enrico Viarisio)or (Anna Perin) or (Giancarlo Birello)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.