Design-Adaptive Pointwise Nonparametric Regression Estimation for Recurrent Markov Time Series
A general framework is proposed for (auto)regression nonparametric estimationof recurrent time series in a class of Hilbert Markov processes with a Lipschitzconditional mean. This includes various nonstationarities by relaxing usual dependenceassumptions as mixing or ergodicity, which are replaced with recurrence. The cornerstoneof design-adaptation is a data-driven bandwidth choice based on an empirical biasvariance tradeoff, giving rise to a random consistency rate for a uniform kernel estimator.The estimator converges with this random rate, which is the optimal minimaxrandom rate over the considered class of recurrent time series. Extensions to general kernelestimators are investigated. For weak dependent time-series, the order of the randomrate coincides with the deterministic minimax rate previously derived. New deterministicestimation rates are obtained for modified Box-Cox transformations of Random Walks.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 15 Boulevard Gabriel Peri 92245 Malakoff Cedex|
Phone: 01 41 17 60 81
Web page: http://www.crest.fr
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yakowitz, Sid, 1993. "Nearest neighbor regression estimation for null-recurrent Markov time series," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 311-318, November.
- Emmanuel Guerre & Jules Maes, 1998.
"Optimal Rate for Nonparametric Estimation in Deterministic Dynamical Systems,"
98-06, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- E. Guerre & J. Maës, 1998. "Optimal Rate for Nonparametric Estimation in Deterministic Dynamical Systems," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 157-173, May.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Joon Y. Park, 1998. "Nonstationary Density Estimation and Kernel Autoregression," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1181, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Yakowitz, Sidney & Györfi, László & Kieffer, John & Morvai, Gusztáv, 1999. "Strongly Consistent Nonparametric Forecasting and Regression for Stationary Ergodic Sequences," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 24-41, October.
- repec:crs:wpaper:9806 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crs:wpaper:2004-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florian Sallaberry)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.