Deferring Income in Employer-Sponsored Retirement Plans: The Dynamics of Participant Contributions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Smith, Karen E. & Johnson, Richard W. & Muller, Leslie A., 2004. "Deferring Income in Employer–Sponsored Retirement Plans: The Dynamics of Participant Contributions," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 57(3), pages 639-670, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mitchell, Olivia S, 1988. "Worker Knowledge of Pension Provisions," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(1), pages 21-39, January.
- Leslie E. Papke, 1995.
"Participation in and Contributions to 401(k) Pension Plans: Evidence from Plan Data,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(2), pages 311-325.
- Leslie E. Papke, 1992. "Participation in and Contributions to 401(k) Pension Plans: Evidence om Plan Data," NBER Working Papers 4199, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leslie E. Papke & Mitchell A. Petersen & James M. Poterba, 1996.
"Do 401(k) Plans Replace Other Employer-Provided Pensions?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Advances in the Economics of Aging, pages 219-240
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leslie E. Papke & Mitchell Petersen & James M. Poterba, 1993. "Did 401(k) Plans Replace Other Employer Provided Pensions?," NBER Working Papers 4501, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James J. Choi & David Laibson & Brigitte C. Madrian & Andrew Metrick, 2002. "Defined Contribution Pensions: Plan Rules, Participant Choices, and the Path of Least Resistance," NBER Chapters,in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 16, pages 67-114 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James J. Choi & David Laibson & Brigitte C. Madrian & Andrew Metrick, 2001.
"Defined Contribution Pensions: Plan Rules, Participant Decisions, and the Path of Least Resistance,"
NBER Working Papers
8655, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James J. Choi & David Laibson & Brigitte C. Madrian & Andrew Metrick, 2002. "Defined Contribution Pensions: Plan Rules, Participant Decisions, and the Path of Least Resistance," JCPR Working Papers 257, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Brigitte C. Madrian & Dennis F. Shea, 2001.
"The Power of Suggestion: Inertia in 401(k) Participation and Savings Behavior,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 116(4), pages 1149-1187.
- Brigitte C. Madrian & Dennis F. Shea, 2000. "The Power of Suggestion: Inertia in 401(k) Participation and Savings Behavior," NBER Working Papers 7682, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Johnson, Richard W & Sambamoorthi, Usha & Crystal, Stephen, 2000. "Pension Wealth at Midlife: Comparing Self-Reports with Provider Data," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 46(1), pages 59-83, March.
- Jonathan Skinner, 1991. "Individual Retirement Accounts: A Review of the Evidence," NBER Working Papers 3938, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Teresa Ghilarducci & Joelle Saad-Lessler & Gayle Reznik, 2017. "Relative Wages in Aging America: Defined Contribution Wealth Inequality: Role of Earnings Shocks, Portfolio Choice, and Employer Contributions," SCEPA working paper series. SCEPA's main areas of research are macroeconomic policy, inequality and poverty, and globalization. 2017-06, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA), The New School.
- repec:kap:jfamec:v:39:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10834-017-9536-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Irena Dushi & Marjorie Honig, 2007. "Are 401(k) Saving Rates Changing? Cohort/Period Evidence from the Health and Retirement Study," Working Papers wp160, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Rudolph G. Penner & Richard W. Johnson, 2006. "Health Care Costs, Taxes, and the Retirement Decision: Conceptual Issues and Illustrative Simulation," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2006-20, Center for Retirement Research, revised Nov 2006.
- Anson T. Y. Ho & Jie Zhou, 2016. "Housing and Tax-Deferred Retirement Accounts," Staff Working Papers 16-24, Bank of Canada.
- repec:pal:gpprii:v:42:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1057_s41288-016-0037-9 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsretirement plans; contribution rates; saving; pension;
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crr:crrwps:2004-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Grzybowski) or (Christopher F Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/crrbcus.html .