Vertical Integration and Dis-integration of Computer Firms: A History Friendly Model of the Co-evolution of the Computer and Semiconductor Industries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Franco Malerba & Richard Nelson & Luigi Orsenigo & Sidney Winter, 2008. "Vertical integration and disintegration of computer firms: a history-friendly model of the coevolution of the computer and semiconductor industries," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(2), pages 197-231, April.
- Franco Malerba & Richard Nelson & Luigi Orsenigo & Sidney Winter, 2006. "Vertical Integration and Dis-integration of Computer Firms: A History Friendly Model of the Co-evolution of the Computer and Semiconductor Industries," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2006-19, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
References listed on IDEAS
- Utterback, James M & Abernathy, William J, 1975. "A dynamic model of process and product innovation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 3(6), pages 639-656, December.
- Klepper, Steven, 1996. "Entry, Exit, Growth, and Innovation over the Product Life Cycle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 562-583, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian Garavaglia & Franco Malerba & Luigi Orsenigo & Michele Pezzoni, 2012.
"Technological regimes and demand structure in the evolution of the pharmaceutical industry,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 677-709, September.
- Christian Garavaglia & Michele Pezzoni & Luigi Orsenigo & Franco Malerba, 2012. "Technological regimes and demand structure in the evolution of the pharmaceutical industry," Post-Print halshs-01074513, HAL.
- Roberto Fontana & Lorenzo Zirulia, 2015.
"“…then came Cisco, and the rest is history”: a ‘history friendly’ model of the Local Area Networking industry,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 25(5), pages 875-899, November.
- R. Fontana & L. Zirulia, 2015. "“…then came Cisco, and the rest is history”: a ‘history friendly’ model of the Local Area Networking industry," Working Papers wp993, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Dosi, Giovanni & Nelson, Richard R., 2010.
"Technical Change and Industrial Dynamics as Evolutionary Processes,"
Handbook of the Economics of Innovation,
- Giovanni Dosi & Richard R. Nelson, 2009. "Technical Change and Industrial Dynamics as Evolutionary Processes," LEM Papers Series 2009/07, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Malerba, Franco & Nelson, Richard & Orsenigo, Luigi & Winter, Sidney, 2008.
"Public policies and changing boundaries of firms in a "history-friendly" model of the co-evolution of the computer and semiconductor industries,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 355-380, August.
- Franco Malerba & Richard Nelson & Luigi Orsenigo & Sidney Winter, 2007. "Public Policies and Changing Boundaries of Firms in a "History Friendly" Model of the Co-evolution of the Computer and Semiconductor Industries," KITeS Working Papers 201, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jun 2007.
- Aghion, Philippe & David, Paul A. & Foray, Dominique, 2009.
"Science, technology and innovation for economic growth: Linking policy research and practice in 'STIG Systems',"
Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 681-693, May.
- David, Paul & Aghion, Philippe, 2008. "Science, Technology and Innovation for Economic Growth: Linking Policy Research and Practice in "STIG Systems"," MPRA Paper 12096, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fabio Pieri, 2015. "Vertical organization of production and firm growth behavior," Working Papers 1508, Department of Applied Economics II, Universidad de Valencia.
- Antonio Revilla & Zulima Fernández, 2013. "Environmental Dynamism, Firm Size and the Economic Productivity of R&D," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(6), pages 503-522, August.
- Fabio Pieri, 2016. "Vertical organization of production and firm growth," DEM Working Papers 2016/01, Department of Economics and Management.
- Garavaglia Christian & Malerba Franco & Orsenigo Luigi & Pezzoni Michele, 2014.
"Innovation and Market Structure in Pharmaceuticals: An Econometric Analysis on Simulated Data,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, pages 274-298.
- Christian Garavaglia & Franco Malerba & Luigi Orsenigo & Michele Pezzoni, 2014. "Innovation and Market Structure in Pharmaceuticals: An Econometric Analysis on Simulated Data," Post-Print halshs-01074524, HAL.
- repec:spr:italej:v:3:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s40797-017-0049-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Marie-Claude BELIS-BERGOUIGNAN (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113), 2009. "An evolutionist analysis of sectoral dynamics (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2009-18, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Ammon J. Salter & Maureen McKelvey, 2016. "Evolutionary analysis of innovation and entrepreneurship: Sidney G. Winter—recipient of the 2015 Global Award for Entrepreneurship Research," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 1-14, June.
- Arora, Ashish & Gambardella, Alfonso, 2010. "The Market for Technology," Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, Elsevier.
- Alessandro Manello & Giuseppe G. Calabrese & Piercarlo Frigero, 2016. "Technical efficiency and productivity growth along the automotive value chain: evidence from Italy," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 245-259.
- Stephan Manning & Silvia Massini & Carine Peeters & Arie Lewin, 2012. "Global Co-Evolution of Firm Boundaries: Process Commoditization, Capabilities Development, and Path Dependencies," Working Papers CEB 12-009, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Thomas Brenner & Johann Peter Murmann, 2016. "Using simulation experiments to test historical explanations: the development of the German dye industry 1857-1913," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 907-932, October.
- Carlsson , Bo, 2016. "Industrial Dynamics: A Review of the Literature 1990-2009," Papers in Innovation Studies 2016/3, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
More about this item
KeywordsIndustrial Dynamics; Vertical Integration; Specialization; Technology.;
- O30 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-04-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2007-04-28 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-HIS-2007-04-28 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-ICT-2007-04-28 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-INO-2007-04-28 (Innovation)
- NEP-MIC-2007-04-28 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-TID-2007-04-28 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cri:cespri:wp191. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valerio Sterzi). General contact details of provider: http://www.kites.unibocconi.it/ .