Long Run Impacts of Income Shocks: Wine and Phylloxera in 19th Century France
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Esther Duflo, 2003.
"Grandmothers and Granddaughters: Old-Age Pensions and Intrahousehold Allocation in South Africa,"
World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 17(1), pages 1-25, June.
- Esther Duflo, 2000. "Grandmothers and Granddaughters: Old Age Pension and Intra-household Allocation in South Africa," NBER Working Papers 8061, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gabriele Doblhammer, 2003. "The late life legacy of very early life," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2003-030, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Gerard J. van den Berg & Maarten Lindeboom & France Portrait, 2006. "Economic Conditions Early in Life and Individual Mortality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(1), pages 290-302, March.
- Robert Jensen, 2000. "Agricultural Volatility and Investments in Children," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 399-404, May.
- David Cutler & Angus Deaton & Adriana Lleras-Muney, 2006.
"The Determinants of Mortality,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(3), pages 97-120, Summer.
- David Cutler & Angus Deaton & Adriana Lleras-Muney, 2005. "The Determinants of Mortality," Working Papers 164, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- David M. Cutler & Angus S. Deaton & Adriana Lleras-Muney, 2006. "The Determinants of Mortality," NBER Working Papers 11963, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cutler, David & Lleras-Muney, Adriana & Deaton, Angus, 2006. "The Determinants of Mortality," Scholarly Articles 2640588, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- David M. Cutler & Angus S. Deaton & Adriana Lleras-Muney, 2006. "The Determinants of Mortality," Working Papers id:359, eSocialSciences.
- David Cutler & Angus Deaton & Adriana Lleras-Muney, 2005. "The Determinants of Mortality," Working Papers 235, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Health and Wellbeing..
- Douglas Almond & Lena Edlund & Hongbin Li & Junsen Zhang, 2007. "Long-Term Effects Of The 1959-1961 China Famine: Mainland China and Hong Kong," NBER Working Papers 13384, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steckel, Richard H., 1986. "A Peculiar Population: The Nutrition, Health, and Mortality of American Slaves from Childhood to Maturity," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(3), pages 721-741, September.
- Richard H. Steckel & Roderick Floud, 1997. "Health and Welfare during Industrialization," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number stec97-1, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4319 is not listed on IDEAS
- Seyed Mohammad Karimi, 2018. "Pre – Birth Exposure to Ramadan, Height, and the Length of Gastation," Working Papers 1236, Economic Research Forum, revised 10 Oct 2018.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/9787 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elaine Kelly, 2011.
"The Scourge of Asian Flu: In utero Exposure to Pandemic Influenza and the Development of a Cohort of British Children,"
Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 46(4), pages 669-694.
- Elaine Kelly, 2009. "The scourge of Asian Flu: in utero exposure to pandemic influenza and the development of a cohort of British children," IFS Working Papers W09/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/10607 is not listed on IDEAS
- Duclos, Jean-Yves & Leblanc, Josée & Sahn, David E., 2011.
"Comparing population distributions from bin-aggregated sample data: An application to historical height data from France,"
Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 419-437.
- Jean-Yves Duclos & Josée Leblanc & David Sahn, 2009. "Comparing population distributions from bin-aggregated sample data: An application to historical height data from France," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 771.09, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Jean-Yves Duclos & Josée Leblanc & David Sahn, 2009. "Comparing Population Distributions from bin-Aggregated Sample Data: an Application to Historical Height Data from France," Cahiers de recherche 0910, CIRPEE.
- Jean-Yves Duclos & Josée Leblanc & David Sahn, 2009. "Comparing population distributions from bin-aggregated sample data: An application to historical height data from France," Working Papers 381, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Asadul Islam & Paul Raschky & Russell Smyth, 2017.
"The Long-Term Health Effects of Mass Political Violence: Evidence from China’s Cultural Revolution,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 132(1), pages 257-272, May.
- Asadul Islam & Paul A. Raschky & Russell Smyth, 2011. "The Long-term Health Effects of Mass Political Violence: Evidence From China’s Cultural Revolution," Monash Economics Working Papers 32-11, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Peracchi, Franco & Arcaleni, Emilia, 2011. "Early-life environment, height and BMI of young men in Italy," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 251-264, July.
- Marcela Umaña-Aponte & Sonia R. Bhalotra, 2012. "Women's Labour Supply and Household Insurance in Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2012-066, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Darrouzet-Nardi, Amelia & Masters, William A., 2014. "Market access and child nutrition in a conflict environment," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170286, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Burak GURBUZ & Marc RAFFINOT, 2011. "Croissance Et Repartition Des Revenus En Turquie (1994-2005) : Quel Impact Sur La Pauvrete ?," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 34, pages 19-38.
More about this item
Keywordsfetal origin; height; military data;
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- N32 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:6140. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: https://www.cepr.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.