Socially Optimal Wealth Inequality
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Simon H. Boserup & Wojciech Kopczuk & Claus T. Kreiner, 2016.
"The Role of Bequests in Shaping Wealth Inequality: Evidence from Danish Wealth Records,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 106(5), pages 656-661, May.
- Boserup, Simon H. & Kopczuk, Wojciech & Kreiner, Claus T., 2016. "The Role of Bequests in Shaping Wealth Inequality: Evidence from Danish Wealth Records," CEPR Discussion Papers 11059, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Simon H. Boserup & Wojciech Kopczuk & Claus T. Kreiner, 2016. "The Role of Bequests in Shaping Wealth Inequality: Evidence from Danish Wealth Records," NBER Working Papers 21896, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wojciech Kopczuk & Joseph P. Lupton, 2007.
"To Leave or Not to Leave: The Distribution of Bequest Motives,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 74(1), pages 207-235.
- Wojciech Kopczuk & Joseph P. Lupton, 2004. "To leave or not to leave: the distribution of bequest motives," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-33, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Wojciech Kopczuk & Joseph Lupton, 2005. "To Leave or Not To Leave: The Distribution of Bequest Motives," NBER Working Papers 11767, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Per Krusell & Anthony Smith & Joachim Hubmer, 2015.
"The historical evolution of the wealth distribution: A quantitative-theoretic investigation,"
2015 Meeting Papers
1406, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Hubmer, Joachim & Krusell, Per & Smith Jr, Anthony A., 2017. "The Historical Evolution of the Wealth Distribution: A Quantitative-Theoretic Investigation," CEPR Discussion Papers 11743, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joachim Hubmer & Per Krusell & Anthony A. Smith, Jr., 2016. "The Historical Evolution of the Wealth Distribution: A Quantitative-Theoretic Investigation," NBER Working Papers 23011, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew Atkeson & Robert E. Lucas, 1992.
"On Efficient Distribution With Private Information,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 59(3), pages 427-453.
- Andrew Atkeson & Robert E Lucas, 2010. "On Efficient Distribution with Private Information," Levine's Working Paper Archive 2179, David K. Levine.
- Jellal, Mohamed & Wolff, Francois-Charles, 2002. "Cultural evolutionary altruism: theory and evidence," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 241-262, June.
- Bossmann, Martin & Kleiber, Christian & Walde, Klaus, 2007.
"Bequests, taxation and the distribution of wealth in a general equilibrium model,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(7-8), pages 1247-1271, August.
- Sexauer, Martin & Kleiber, Christian & Wälde, Klaus, 2005. "Bequests, taxation and the distribution of wealth in a general equilibrium model," W.E.P. - Würzburg Economic Papers 61, University of Würzburg, Chair for Monetary Policy and International Economics.
- Christian Kleiber & Martin Sexauer & Klaus Wälde, 2006. "Bequests, Taxation and the Distribution of Wealth in a General Equilibrium Model," CESifo Working Paper Series 1723, CESifo Group Munich.
- Cordoba, Juan-Carlos, 2008.
"U.S. inequality: Debt constraints or incomplete asset markets?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 350-364, March.
- Cordoba, Juan Carlos, 2010. "US Inequality: Debt Constraints or Incomplete Asset Markets?," Staff General Research Papers Archive 32120, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Gang Sun, 2013.
"Consumption Inequality and Discount Rate Heterogeneity,"
Discussion Paper Series, School of Economics and Finance
201318, School of Economics and Finance, University of St Andrews.
- Gang Sun, 2013. "Consumption Inequality and Discount Rate Heterogeneity," CDMA Working Paper Series 201311, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
More about this item
KeywordsCapital taxation; inequality; Wealth;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- J62 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Job, Occupational and Intergenerational Mobility; Promotion
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DGE-2018-05-07 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-MAC-2018-05-07 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PBE-2018-05-07 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:12873. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.