Ordinality in non cooperative games
We first analyse what a conceptual definition of ordinality for non cooperative games should be. The resulting concept is highly abstract and apparently unmanageable. Nevertheless we obtain in a second part a very simple and fully operational characterization. In the last part, this is used to check the ordinality of a number of concepts that have been proposed in the literature. Copyright Springer-Verlag 2004
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:|
|Note:||In : International Journal of Game Theory, 32, 387-430, 2003.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)|
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Vermeulen, Dries & Jansen, Mathijs, 1998.
"The reduced form of a game,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 204-211, April.
- Vermeulen Dries & Jansen Mathijs, 1997. "The reduced form of a game," Research Memorandum 001, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Joseph Abdou & Nikolaos Pnevmatikos & Marco Scarsini, 2014. "Uniformity and games decomposition," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 14084, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Joseph Abdou & Nikolaos Pnevmatikos & Marco Scarsini, 2017. "Uniformity and games decomposition," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01147442, HAL.
- Joseph Abdou & Nikolaos Pnevmatikos & Marco Scarsini, 2014. "Uniformity and games decomposition," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 14084r, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne, revised Mar 2017.
- Vermeulen, A. J. & Jansen, M. J. M., 1997. "Extending Invariant Solutions," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 21(1-2), pages 135-147, October.
- Fabrizio Germano, 2006. "On some geometry and equivalence classes of normal form games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 34(4), pages 561-581, November.
- Fabrizio Germano, 2003. "On some geometry and equivalence classes of normal form games," Economics Working Papers 669, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Fabrizio Germano, 2003. "On Some Geometry and Equivalence Classes of Normal Form Games," Working Papers 42, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Jacques Durieu & Hans Haller & Nicolas Querou & Philippe Solal, 2008. "Ordinal Games," International Game Theory Review (IGTR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 10(02), pages 177-194.
- Jacques Durieu & Hans Haller & Nicolas Quérou & Philippe Solal, 2007. "Ordinal Games," Post-Print ujm-00194794, HAL.
- Jacques Durieu & Hans Haller & Nicolas Querou & Philippe Solal, 2007. "Ordinal Games," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 07/74, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- GERMANO, Fabrizio, 1998. "On Nash equivalence classes of generic normal form games," CORE Discussion Papers 1998033, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Balkenborg, Dieter & Jansen, Mathijs & Vermeulen, Dries, 2001. "Invariance properties of persistent equilibria and related solution concepts," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 111-130, January.
- Balkenborg, D. & Jansen, M. & Vermeulen, D., 1998. "Invariance properties of persistent equilibria and related solution concepts," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9806, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- De Sinopoli, Francesco & Pimienta, Carlos, 2009. "Undominated (and) perfect equilibria in Poisson games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 775-784, July.
- De Sinopoli, Francesco & González Pimienta, Carlos, 2007. "Undominated (and) perfect equilibria in Poisson games," UC3M Working papers. Economics we073117, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Dries Vermeulen & Mathijs Jansen & Andrés Perea y Monsuwé, 2000. "Player splitting in extensive form games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 29(3), pages 433-450.
- Vermeulen, Dries & Jansen, Mathijis & Perea, Andrés, 1999. "Player splitting in estensive forms games," UC3M Working papers. Economics 6150, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Morris, Stephen & Ui, Takashi, 2004. "Best response equivalence," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 260-287, November.
- Morris, Stephen Morris & Takashi Ui, 2002. "Best Response Equivalence," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1377, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- John Hillas & Elon Kohlberg, 1996. "Foundations of Strategic Equilibrium," Game Theory and Information 9606002, EconWPA, revised 18 Sep 1996.
- Govindan, Srihari & Wilson, Robert B., 2007. "Stable Outcomes of Generic Games in Extensive Form," Research Papers 1933r, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Amanda Friedenberg, 2006. "Can Hidden Variables Explain Correlation? (joint with Adam Brandenburger)," Theory workshop papers 815595000000000005, UCLA Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvrp:1738. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed