Chapter written for the Handbook of Research Methods and Applications on Empirical Macroeconomics, edited by Nigar Hashimzade and Michael Thornton, forth- coming in 2012 (Edward Elgar Publishing). This chapter presents an introductory review of Bayesian methods for research in empirical macroeconomics.
|Date of creation:||22 Dec 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Uhlig, Harald, 2001.
"Did the Fed surprise the markets in 2001? A case study for VARs with sign restrictions,"
SFB 373 Discussion Papers
2001,98, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Harald Uhlig, 2001. "Did the Fed Surprise the Markets in 2001? A Case Study for VARs with Sign Restrictions," CESifo Working Paper Series 629, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521715348 is not listed on IDEAS
- Uhlig, H.F.H.V.S., 2001. "Did the FED Surprise the Markets in 2001? A Case Study for Vars with Sign Restrictions," Discussion Paper 2001-88, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Koop, Gary & Korobilis, Dimitris, 2009.
"Bayesian Multivariate Time Series Methods for Empirical Macroeconomics,"
20125, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Koop, Gary & Korobilis, Dimitris, 2010. "Bayesian Multivariate Time Series Methods for Empirical Macroeconomics," Foundations and Trends(R) in Econometrics, now publishers, vol. 3(4), pages 267-358, July.
- Gary Koop & Dimitris Korobilis, 2009. "Bayesian Multivariate Time Series Methods for Empirical Macroeconomics," Working Paper Series 47_09, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Jan 2009.
- Duranton, Gilles & Martin, Philippe & Mayer, Thierry & Mayneris, Florian, 2010. "The Economics of Clusters: Lessons from the French Experience," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199592203, March.
- Lee C. Adkins & Dan S. Rickman & Abid Hameed, 2003. "Bayesian Estimation of Regional Production for CGE Modeling," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(4), pages 641-661.
- Thomas Doan & Robert B. Litterman & Christopher A. Sims, 1986.
"Forecasting and conditional projection using realistic prior distribution,"
93, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Thomas Doan & Robert B. Litterman & Christopher A. Sims, 1983. "Forecasting and Conditional Projection Using Realistic Prior Distributions," NBER Working Papers 1202, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521887427 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ingram, Beth F. & Whiteman, Charles H., 1994. "Supplanting the 'Minnesota' prior: Forecasting macroeconomic time series using real business cycle model priors," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 497-510, December.
- L. Randall Wray & Stephanie Bell, 2004. "Introduction," Chapters, in: Credit and State Theories of Money, chapter 1 Edward Elgar.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2011061. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.