Chapter written for the Handbook of Research Methods and Applications on Empirical Macroeconomics, edited by Nigar Hashimzade and Michael Thornton, forth- coming in 2012 (Edward Elgar Publishing). This chapter presents an introductory review of Bayesian methods for research in empirical macroeconomics.
|Date of creation:||22 Dec 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)|
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Duranton, Gilles & Martin, Philippe & Mayer, Thierry & Mayneris, Florian, 2010. "The Economics of Clusters: Lessons from the French Experience," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199592203, July.
- Ingram, Beth F. & Whiteman, Charles H., 1994. "Supplanting the 'Minnesota' prior: Forecasting macroeconomic time series using real business cycle model priors," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 497-510, December.
- Koop, Gary & Korobilis, Dimitris, 2009.
"Bayesian Multivariate Time Series Methods for Empirical Macroeconomics,"
20125, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Koop, Gary & Korobilis, Dimitris, 2010. "Bayesian Multivariate Time Series Methods for Empirical Macroeconomics," Foundations and Trends(R) in Econometrics, now publishers, vol. 3(4), pages 267-358, July.
- Gary Koop & Dimitris Korobilis, 2009. "Bayesian Multivariate Time Series Methods for Empirical Macroeconomics," Working Paper Series 47_09, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Jan 2009.
- Uhlig, Harald, 2001.
"Did the Fed surprise the markets in 2001? A case study for VARs with sign restrictions,"
SFB 373 Discussion Papers
2001,98, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Harald Uhlig, 2001. "Did the Fed Surprise the Markets in 2001? A Case Study for VARs with Sign Restrictions," CESifo Working Paper Series 629, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lee C. Adkins & Dan S. Rickman & Abid Hameed, 2003. "Bayesian Estimation of Regional Production for CGE Modeling," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(4), pages 641-661.
- L. Randall Wray & Stephanie Bell, 2004. "Introduction," Chapters, in: Credit and State Theories of Money, chapter 1 Edward Elgar.
- Thomas Doan & Robert B. Litterman & Christopher A. Sims, 1986.
"Forecasting and conditional projection using realistic prior distribution,"
93, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Thomas Doan & Robert B. Litterman & Christopher A. Sims, 1983. "Forecasting and Conditional Projection Using Realistic Prior Distributions," NBER Working Papers 1202, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Uhlig, H.F.H.V.S., 2001. "Did the FED Surprise the Markets in 2001? A Case Study for Vars with Sign Restrictions," Discussion Paper 2001-88, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Philippe Robert-Demontrond & R. Ringoot, 2004. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00081823, HAL.
- Fleurbaey,Marc & Maniquet,François, 2011.
"A Theory of Fairness and Social Welfare,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521887427, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2011061. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.