Stability under unanimous consent, free mobility and core
In this paper we consider an urban population represented by a continuum of individuals uniformly distributed over the real line that faces a problem of location and ï¬nancing of multiple public facilities. We examine three notions of stability of emerging jurisdiction: stability under unanimous consent, free mobility andcoreandprovideacharacterizationofstablepartitionsunder these notions of stability.
|Date of creation:||00 Feb 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Haimanko, Ori & Le Breton, Michel & Weber, Shlomo, 2005. "Transfers in a polarized country: bridging the gap between efficiency and stability," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(7), pages 1277-1303, July.
- BOGOMOLNAIA, Anna & LE BRETON, Michel & SAVVATEEV, Alexei & WEBER, Shlomo, 2005.
"The egalitarian sharing rule in provision of public projects,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2005024, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Alexei Savvateev & Anna Bogomolnaia & Michel Le Breton & Shlomo Weber, 2005. "The Egalitarian Sharing Rule in Provision of Public Projects," Working Papers 2005.39, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Alberto Alesina & Enrico Spolaore, 1995.
"On the Number and Size of Nations,"
NBER Working Papers
5050, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anna Bogomolnaia & Michel Breton & Alexei Savvateev & Shlomo Weber, 2008.
"Stability of jurisdiction structures under the equal share and median rules,"
Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 525-543, March.
- Bogomolnaia, Anna & Le Breton, Michel & Savvateev, Alexei & Weber, Shlomo, 2005. "Stability of Jurisdiction Structures under the Equal Share and Median Rule," IDEI Working Papers 362, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- BOGOMOLNAIA, Anna & LE BRETON, Michel & SAVVATEEV, Alexei & WEBER, Shlomo, 2005. "Stability of jurisdiction structures under the equal share and median rules," CORE Discussion Papers 2005032, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Greenberg, Joseph & Weber, Shlomo, 1986. "Strong tiebout equilibrium under restricted preferences domain," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 101-117, February.
- Haimanko, Ori & Le Breton, Michel & Weber, Shlomo, 2004. "Voluntary formation of communities for the provision of public projects," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 1-34, March.
- Le Breton, Michel & Weber, Shlomo, 2003. "The Art of Making Everybody Happy : How to Prevent a Secession," IDEI Working Papers 164, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Jehiel, Philippe & Scotchmer, Suzanne, 2001. "Constitutional Rules of Exclusion in Jurisdiction Formation," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(2), pages 393-413, April.
- Casella, Alessandra, 1996.
"The Role of Market Size in the Formation of Jurisdictions,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1429, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Casella, Alessandra, 2001. "The Role of Market Size in the Formation of Jurisdictions," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(1), pages 83-108, January.
- Guillaume Haeringer, 2000. "Stable Coalition Structures with Fixed Decision Schme," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 471.00, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2006007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.