Prices versus quantities: stock pollution control with repeated choice of the instrument
One examines strategies of pollution control through choices between taxes and tradable permits, supposed to be decided at several time periods t1, t2,..., ti. At each of these time periods, the choice depends on the solution of a dynamic programming problem involving the expectations of the polluting factor of production function z(t) and the pollutant stock function S(t). According to coefficients of these two functions in the dynamic problem, it is shown under a broad functional setting that permits are decided for a while, followed by decisions of taxes for all the remaining periods. Finite (I
|Date of creation:||00 Sep 2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)|
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:cdl:agrebk:5182 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hoel, Michael & Karp, Larry, 2002.
"Taxes versus quotas for a stock pollutant,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 367-384, November.
- Hoel, Michael & Karp, Larry, 2001. "Taxes versus Quotas for a Stock Pollutant," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt5fx9p7kf, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Pizer, William A., 2002. "Combining price and quantity controls to mitigate global climate change," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(3), pages 409-434, September.
- Newell, Richard G. & Pizer, William A., 2003. "Regulating stock externalities under uncertainty," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(2, Supple), pages 416-432, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2005064. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.