Contractive Dual Methods for Incentive Problems
Several recent papers have proposed recursive Lagrangian-based methods for solving dynamic contracting problems. These methods give rise to Bellman operators that incorporate either a dual inf-sup or a saddle point operation. We give conditions that ensure the Bellman operator implied by a dual recursive formulation is contractive.
|Date of creation:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University, 5000 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3890|
Web page: http://www.tepper.cmu.edu/
|Order Information:||Web: http://student-3k.tepper.cmu.edu/gsiadoc/GSIA_WP.asp|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mele, Antonio, 2010.
"Repeated moral hazard and recursive Lagrangeans,"
21741, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- V. Filipe Martins-da-Rocha & Yiannis Vailakis, 2010.
"Existence and Uniqueness of a Fixed Point for Local Contractions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 78(3), pages 1127-1141, 05.
- Vailakis, Yiannis & Martins-da-Rocha, Victor Filipe, 2008. "Existence and uniqueness of a fixed-point for local contractions," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 677, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Matthias Messner & Nicola Pavoni, 2004.
"On the Recursive Saddle Point Method,"
122247000000000050, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Matthias Messner & Nicola Pavoni, 2004. "On the Recursive Saddle Point Method," Working Papers 255, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Nicola Pavoni & Ramon Marimon & Matthias Messner, 2005. "On the Recursive Saddle Point Method," 2005 Meeting Papers 294, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Matkowski, Janusz & Nowak, Andrzej S., 2008.
"On Discounted Dynamic Programming with Unbounded Returns,"
12215, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Janusz Matkowski & Andrzej Nowak, 2011. "On discounted dynamic programming with unbounded returns," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 46(3), pages 455-474, April.
- Emmanuel Farhi & IvÃ¡n Werning, 2007.
"Inequality and Social Discounting,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 115, pages 365-402.
- Matthias Messner & Nicola Pavoni & Christopher Sleet, 2012.
"Recursive Methods for Incentive Problems,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 15(4), pages 501-525, October.
- Harold Cole & Felix Kubler, 2010.
"Recursive Contracts, Lotteries and Weakly Concave Pareto Sets,"
PIER Working Paper Archive
10-038, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Harold Cole & Felix Kubler, 2012. "Recursive Contracts, Lotteries and Weakly Concave Pareto Sets," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 15(4), pages 479-500, October.
- Felix Kubler & Harold L. Cole, 2011. "Recursive Contracts, Lotteries and Weakly Concave Pareto Sets," 2011 Meeting Papers 59, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Harold L. Cole & Felix Kubler, 2011. "Recursive Contracts, Lotteries and Weakly Concave Pareto Sets," NBER Working Papers 17064, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Juan Pablo RincÛn-Zapatero & Carlos RodrÌguez-Palmero, 2003. "Existence and Uniqueness of Solutions to the Bellman Equation in the Unbounded Case," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(5), pages 1519-1555, 09.
- Duran, Jorge, 1997.
"On dynamic programming with unbounded returns,"
CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange)
- Duran, Jorge, 1997. "On Dynamic Programming with Unbounded Returns," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1997033, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Boud, John III, 1990. "Recursive utility and the Ramsey problem," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 326-345, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cmu:gsiawp:-2081994536. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Steve Spear)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.