Incentivi alla ricerca e sviluppo in Italia: una indagine sugli effetti della Legge 46/82
The current economic crisis has put government intervention and policy evaluation at the centre of the debate on industrial development policy. Government efforts to stimulate a structural change of Italian industries are needed and in this context it becomes fundamental to engage in evaluation exercises in order to understand what policies are working. The paper offers an evaluation exercise on the major instruments used to promote R&D and innovation activities of Italian firms. We concentrate in particular on Law 46/82 and we look at the effects of the incentives it provides on firms expenditures on R&D and on new employment generation. We also consider the effects of such incentives when other similar laws are at work. Results suggest that a rethinking of the system of incentives might be needed to limit an inefficient overlapping of instruments.
|Date of creation:||May 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.cmet05.it|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David M. Levy & Nestor E. Terleckyj, 1983. "Effects of Government R&D on Private R&D Investment and Productivity: A Macroeconomic Analysis," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 551-561, Autumn.
- Levy, David M., 1990. "Estimating the impact of government R&D," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 169-173, February.
- Holemans, Benni & Sleuwaegen, Leo, 1988. "Innovation expenditures and the role of government in Belgium," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 375-379, December.
- Guido Imbens & Jeffrey Wooldridge, 2008.
"Recent developments in the econometrics of program evaluation,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP24/08, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Guido W. Imbens & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2009. "Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Program Evaluation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 47(1), pages 5-86, March.
- Guido M. Imbens & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2008. "Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Program Evaluation," NBER Working Papers 14251, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Imbens, Guido W. & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 2008. "Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Program Evaluation," IZA Discussion Papers 3640, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M. & Imbens, Guido, 2009. "Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Program Evaluation," Scholarly Articles 3043416, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Tor Jakob Klette & Jarle Moen & Zvi Griliches, 1999.
"Do Subsidies to Commercial R&D Reduce Market Failures - Microeconomic Evaluation Studies?,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1861, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Tor Jakob Klette & Jarle Møen & Zvi Griliches, 1999. "Do Subsidies to Commercial R&D Reduce Market Failures? Microeconomic Evaluation Studies," NBER Working Papers 6947, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Narin, Francis & Hamilton, Kimberly S. & Olivastro, Dominic, 1997. "The increasing linkage between U.S. technology and public science," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 317-330, October.
- Guido de Blasio & Davide Fantino & Guido Pellegrini, 2011. "Evaluating the impact of innovation incentives: evidence from an unexpected shortage of funds," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 792, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Tor Jakob Klette & Jarle Møen, 1998.
"From Growth Theory to Technology Policy – Coordination Problems in Theory and Practice,"
219, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Tor Jakob Klette & Jarle Møen, 1999. "From Growth Theory to Technology Policy - Coordination Problems in Theory and Practice," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 25, pages 53-74.
- Klette, T.J. & Moen, J., 1998. "From Growth Theory to Technology Policy -Coordination Problems in Theory and Practice," Papers 20/98, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998.
"Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data,"
NBER Working Papers
6699, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998. "Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(5), pages 1017-1098, September.
- Lichtenberg, Frank R, 1987. "The Effect of Government Funding on Private Industrial Research and Development: A Re-assessment," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(1), pages 97-104, September.
- Lerner, Josh, 1999. "The Government as Venture Capitalist: The Long-Run Impact of the SBIR Program," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72(3), pages 285-318, July.
- Annamaria Nese & Niall O’Higgins, 2007. "Attrition bias in the Capitalia panel," International Review of Economics, Springer, vol. 54(3), pages 383-403, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cme:wpaper:1003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Donato Iacobucci)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.