Old-Age Government Transfers and the Crowding Out of Private Gifts: The 70 Plus Program for the Rural Elderly in Mexico
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Juarez, Laura, 2009. "Crowding out of private support to the elderly: Evidence from a demogrant in Mexico," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(3-4), pages 454-463, April.
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Susan Pozo, 2006. "Remittances as insurance: evidence from Mexican immigrants," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 19(2), pages 227-254, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Laura Juarez & Tobias Pfutze, 2015.
"The Effects of a Noncontributory Pension Program on Labor Force Participation: The Case of 70 y Más in Mexico,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(4), pages 685-713.
- Laura Juárez González & Tobias Pfutze, 2014. "The Effects of a Non-Contributory Pension Program on Labor Force Participation: The Case of 70 y Más in Mexico," Working Papers 2014-12, Banco de México.
- Independent Evaluation Group, 2014. "Social Safety Nets and Gender : Learning from Impact Evaluations and World Bank Projects," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 21365.
More about this item
KeywordsOld-age governemnt transfers; crwoding-out; remittances; Mexico;
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H3 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents
- H5 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2012-10-13 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2012-10-13 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cie:wpaper:1205. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diego Dominguez). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ciitamx.html .