Contests over Public Goods: Evolutionary Stability and the Free-Rider Problem
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Heinrich W. Ursprung, 1990. "Public Goods, Rent Dissipation, And Candidate Competition," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(2), pages 115-132, July.
- Burkhard Hehenkamp & Wolfgang Leininger & Alex Possajennikov, 2001. "Evolutionary Rent-Seeking," CESifo Working Paper Series 620, CESifo Group Munich.
- Katz, Eliakim & Nitzan, Shmuel & Rosenberg, Jacob, 1990. "Rent-Seeking for Pure Public Goods," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 65(1), pages 49-60, April.
- Riaz, Khalid & Shogren, Jason F & Johnson, Stanley R, 1995.
"A General Model of Rent Seeking for Public Goods,"
Springer, vol. 82(3-4), pages 243-259, March.
- Riaz, Khalid & Shogren, Jason F. & Johnson, Stanley R., 1995. "A General Model of Rent Seeking for Public Goods," Staff General Research Papers Archive 861, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Shogren, Jason F. & Riaz, Khalid & Johnson, Stanley R., 1995. "A General Model of Rent Seeking for Public Goods," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5229, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Baik, Kyung Hwan, 1993. "Effort levels in contests : The public-good prize case," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 363-367.
- Alos-Ferrer, Carlos & Ania, Ana B., 2001. "Local equilibria in economic games," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 165-173, February.
- Baik, Kyung Hwan & Kim, In-Gyu & Na, Sunghyun, 2001. "Bidding for a group-specific public-good prize," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 415-429, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hehenkamp, B. & Leininger, W. & Possajennikov, A., 2004.
"Evolutionary equilibrium in Tullock contests: spite and overdissipation,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 1045-1057, November.
- Burkhard Hehenkamp & Wolfgang Leininger & Alex Possajennikov, 2003. "Evolutionary Equilibrium in Tullock Contests: Spite and Overdissipation," Discussion Papers in Economics 03_01, University of Dortmund, Department of Economics.
- Sina Risse, 2011. "Two-stage group rent-seeking with negatively interdependent preferences," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 147(3), pages 259-276, June.
- Wolfgang Leininger, 2004. "Fending off one Means Fending off all: Evolutionary Stability in Submodular Games (new title: Fending off one means fending off all: evolutionary stability in quasi-submodular aggregative games)," CESifo Working Paper Series 1266, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
Keywordscontests; public goods; evolutionary stability.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_713. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .