Contests over Public Goods: Evolutionary Stability and the Free-Rider Problem
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Heinrich W. Ursprung, 1990. "Public Goods, Rent Dissipation, And Candidate Competition," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(2), pages 115-132, July.
- Riaz, Khalid & Shogren, Jason F & Johnson, Stanley R, 1995.
"A General Model of Rent Seeking for Public Goods,"
Springer, vol. 82(3-4), pages 243-259, March.
- Riaz, Khalid & Shogren, Jason F. & Johnson, Stanley R., 1995. "A General Model of Rent Seeking for Public Goods," Staff General Research Papers Archive 861, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Shogren, Jason F. & Riaz, Khalid & Johnson, Stanley R., 1995. "A General Model of Rent Seeking for Public Goods," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5229, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Baik, Kyung Hwan, 1993. "Effort levels in contests : The public-good prize case," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 363-367.
- Alos-Ferrer, Carlos & Ania, Ana B., 2001. "Local equilibria in economic games," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 165-173, February.
- Baik, Kyung Hwan & Kim, In-Gyu & Na, Sunghyun, 2001. "Bidding for a group-specific public-good prize," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 415-429, December.
- Burkhard Hehenkamp & Wolfgang Leininger & Alex Possajennikov, 2001. "Evolutionary Rent-Seeking," CESifo Working Paper Series 620, CESifo Group Munich.
- Katz, Eliakim & Nitzan, Shmuel & Rosenberg, Jacob, 1990. "Rent-Seeking for Pure Public Goods," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 65(1), pages 49-60, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hehenkamp, B. & Leininger, W. & Possajennikov, A., 2004.
"Evolutionary equilibrium in Tullock contests: spite and overdissipation,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 1045-1057, November.
- Burkhard Hehenkamp & Wolfgang Leininger & Alex Possajennikov, 2003. "Evolutionary Equilibrium in Tullock Contests: Spite and Overdissipation," Discussion Papers in Economics 03_01, University of Dortmund, Department of Economics.
- Wolfgang Leininger, 2004. "Fending off one Means Fending off all: Evolutionary Stability in Submodular Games (new title: Fending off one means fending off all: evolutionary stability in quasi-submodular aggregative games)," CESifo Working Paper Series 1266, CESifo Group Munich.
- Sina Risse, 2011. "Two-stage group rent-seeking with negatively interdependent preferences," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 147(3), pages 259-276, June.
More about this item
Keywordscontests; public goods; evolutionary stability.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_713. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.