The private value of plant variety protection and the impact of exemption rules
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Marc Baudry & Adrien Hervouet, 2017. "The private value of plant variety protection and the impact of exemption rules," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(3), pages 202-226, April.
- Marc Baudry & Adrien Hervouet, 2016. "The private value of plant variety protection and the impact of exemption rules," Post-Print hal-01449992, HAL.
- Marc Baudry & Adrien Hervouet, 2017. "The private value of plant variety protection and the impact of exemption rules," Post-Print hal-01589260, HAL.
- Marc Baudry & Adrien Hervouet, 2016. "The Private Value of Plant Variety Protection and the Impact of Exemption Rules," EconomiX Working Papers 2016-7, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
References listed on IDEAS
- W. Lesser, 2000. "An economic approach to identifying an “effective sui generis system” for plant variety protection under trips," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 96-114.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998.
"Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey,"
NBER Chapters,in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 287-343
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Griliches, Zvi, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 1661-1707, December.
- Zvi Griliches, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," NBER Working Papers 3301, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marc Baudry & Béatrice Dumont, 2006.
"Patent Renewals as Options: Improving the Mechanism for Weeding Out Lousy Patents,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 28(1), pages 41-62, February.
- Marc Baudry & Béatrice Dumont, 2006. "Patent renewals as options : improving the mechanism for weeding out lousy patents," Post-Print halshs-00009909, HAL.
- Lanjouw, Jean O & Pakes, Ariel & Putnam, Jonathan, 1998. "How to Count Patents and Value Intellectual Property: The Uses of Patent Renewal and Application Data," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(4), pages 405-432, December.
- Richard Carew & Stephen Devadoss, 2003. "Quantifying the Contribution of Plant Breeders’Rights and Transgenic Varieties to Canola Yields: Evidence from Manitoba," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 51(3), pages 371-395, November.
- Suzanne Scotchmer, 1999. "On the Optimality of the Patent Renewal System," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 30(2), pages 181-196, Summer.
- Marc Baudry & Béatrice Dumont, 2012. "Valuing patents using renewal data : an inquiry into the feasability of an automated patent scoring method," EconomiX Working Papers 2012-31, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Schankerman, Mark & Pakes, Ariel, 1986.
"Estimates of the Value of Patent Rights in European Countries during the Post-1950 Period,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(384), pages 1052-1076, December.
- Mark Schankerman & Ariel Pakes, 1985. "Estimates of the Value of Patent Rights in European Countries During thePost-1950 Period," NBER Working Papers 1650, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alston, Julian M. & Venner, Raymond J., 2002.
"The effects of the US Plant Variety Protection Act on wheat genetic improvement,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 527-542, May.
- Alston, Julian M. & Venner, Raymond J., 2000. "The effects of the U.S. Plant Variety Protection Act on wheat genetic improvement:," EPTD discussion papers 62, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pakes, Ariel S, 1986.
"Patents as Options: Some Estimates of the Value of Holding European Patent Stocks,"
Econometric Society, vol. 54(4), pages 755-784, July.
- Ariel Pakes, 1984. "Patents as Options: Some Estimates of the Value of Holding European Patent Stocks," NBER Working Papers 1340, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark Schankerman & Ariel Pakes, 1985. "Valeur et obsolescence des brevets : une analyse des statistiques de renouvellement des brevets européens," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 36(5), pages 917-942.
- Russell Thomson, 2015. "The Yield of Plant Variety Protection," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 97(3), pages 762-785.
- Bessen, James, 2008.
"The value of U.S. patents by owner and patent characteristics,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 932-945, June.
- James Bessen, 2006. "The Value of U.S. Patents by Owner and Patent Characteristics," Working Papers 0603, Research on Innovation.
- W. Lesser, 1994. "Valuation of Plant Variety Protection Certificates," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 16(2), pages 231-238.
- Hall, Bronwyn H & Ziedonis, Rosemarie Ham, 2001. "The Patent Paradox Revisited: An Empirical Study of Patenting in the U.S. Semiconductor Industry, 1979-1995," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(1), pages 101-128, Spring.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Adam Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg, 2005. "Market Value and Patent Citations," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 36(1), pages 16-38, Spring.
- Evenson, Robert E., 2001. "Economic impacts of agricultural research and extension," Handbook of Agricultural Economics,in: B. L. Gardner & G. C. Rausser (ed.), Handbook of Agricultural Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 11, pages 573-628 Elsevier.
- Lesser, William H., 2000. "An Economic Approach To Identifying An 'Effective Sui Generis System' For Plant Variety Protection Unders Trips," Proceedings:Transitions in Agbiotech: Economics of Strategy and Policy, June 24-25, 1999, Washington, D.C. 25996, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Nicholas Bloom & John Van Reenen, 2002. "Patents, Real Options and Firm Performance," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(478), pages 97-116, March.
- repec:fth:harver:1473 is not listed on IDEAS
- C. S. Srinivasan, 2003. "Exploring the Feasibility of Farmers' Rights," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 21, pages 419-447, July.
More about this item
KeywordsIPRs; Inventors'exemption; Farmers'exemption; Plant variety creation; Renewals.;
- O34 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cec:wpaper:1602. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chaire Economie du Climat). General contact details of provider: http://www.chaireeconomieduclimat.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.