How Should Taxes Be Designed to Encourage Entrepreneurship?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Manju Puri & Rebecca Zarutskie, 2012.
"On the Life Cycle Dynamics of Venture-Capital- and Non-Venture-Capital-Financed Firms,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 67(6), pages 2247-2293, December.
- Manju Puri & Rebecca Zarutskie, 2008. "On the Lifecycle Dynamics of Venture-Capital- and Non-Venture-Capital-Financed Firms," NBER Working Papers 14250, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Manju Puri & Rebecca Zarutskie, 2008. "On the Lifecycle Dynamics of Venture-Capital- and Non-Venture-Capital-Financed Firms," Working Papers 08-13, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Bruce, Donald, 2000. "Effects of the United States tax system on transitions into self-employment," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 545-574, September.
- Stefanie Stantcheva, 2015.
"Optimal Taxation and R&D Policies,"
2015 Meeting Papers
1533, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Ufuk Akcigit & Douglas Hanley & Stefanie Stantcheva, 2016. "Optimal Taxation and R&D Policies," Working Papers 2016-031, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Akcigit, Ufuk & Hanley, Douglas & Stantcheva, Stefanie, 2016. "Optimal Taxation and R&D Policies," CEPR Discussion Papers 11682, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ufuk Akcigit & Douglas Hanley & Stefanie Stantcheva, 2016. "Optimal Taxation and R&D Policies," NBER Working Papers 22908, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Casey Rothschild & Florian Scheuer, 2013. "Redistributive Taxation in the Roy Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 128(2), pages 623-668.
- Robert W. Fairlie & Harry A. Krashinsky, 2012.
"Liquidity Constraints, Household Wealth, And Entrepreneurship Revisited,"
Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 58(2), pages 279-306, June.
- Fairlie, Robert W. & Krashinsky, Harry A., 2006. "Liquidity Constraints, Household Wealth, and Entrepreneurship Revisited," IZA Discussion Papers 2201, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Robert W. Fairlie & Harry A. Krashinsky, 2012. "Liquidity Constraints, Household Wealth, and Entrepreneurship Revisited," CESifo Working Paper Series 3784, CESifo.
- Fairlie, Robert W. & Krashinsky, Harry A., 2011. "Liquidity Constraints, Household Wealth, and Entrepreneurship Revisited," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt6hv0m2q6, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Paul A. Gompers & Josh Lerner, 1998. "What Drives Venture Capital Fundraising?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(1998 Micr), pages 149-204.
- Christian Keuschnigg & Søren Bo Nielsen, 2004.
"Taxation and Venture Capital Backed Entrepreneurship,"
International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 11(4), pages 369-390, August.
- Keuschnigg, Christian & Nielsen, Soren Bo, 2003. "Taxation and Venture Capital-Backed Entrepreneurship," CEPR Discussion Papers 4097, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Diamond, Peter A & Mirrlees, James A, 1971. "Optimal Taxation and Public Production II: Tax Rules," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(3), pages 261-278, June.
- Donald Bruce & John Deskins, 2012. "Can state tax policies be used to promote entrepreneurial activity?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 38(4), pages 375-397, May.
- Diamond, Peter A & Mirrlees, James A, 1971. "Optimal Taxation and Public Production: I--Production Efficiency," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(1), pages 8-27, March.
- Evans, David S & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1989. "An Estimated Model of Entrepreneurial Choice under Liquidity Constraints," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 808-827, August.
- James M. Poterba, 1989. "Venture Capital and Capital Gains Taxation," NBER Chapters, in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 3, pages 47-68, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gurley–Calvez, Tami & Bruce, Donald, 2008. "Do Tax Cuts Promote Entrepreneurial Longevity?," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 61(2), pages 225-250, June.
- Black, Jane & de Meza, David & Jeffreys, David, 1996. "House Price, the Supply of Collateral and the Enterprise Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(434), pages 60-75, January.
- Christian Keuschnigg & Soren Bo Nielsen, 2003. "Public Taxation and Venture Capital Backed Entrepreneurship," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2003 2003-17, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Andrea Asoni & Tino Sanandaji, 2014. "Taxation and the quality of entrepreneurship," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 113(2), pages 101-123, October.
- Don Bruce & Jon C. Rork & Gary Wagner, 2014. "State income tax reciprocity agreements and small businesses," Journal of Entrepreneurship and Public Policy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(1), pages 118-140, April.
- Roger H. Gordon, 1998. "Can High Personal Tax Rates Encourage Entrepreneurial Activity?," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 45(1), pages 49-80, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sakai Ando, 2017. "Size-Dependent Policies and Efficient Firm Creation," ISER Discussion Paper 1033, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University, revised Jun 2018.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurial activity; optimal taxation; liquidity constraints; patents;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:ucsdec:qt86z3h4n4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deucsus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.