Revisiting Okun's Law: An Hysteretic Perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Franz, Wolfgang, 1990. "Hysteresis in Economic Relationships: An Overview," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 109-125.
- Holly,Sean & Weale,Martin (ed.), 2000. "Econometric Modelling," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521650694, May.
- Gordon, Robert J, 1989. "Hysteresis in History: Was There Ever a Phillips Curve?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 220-225, May.
- Budd, Alan & Levine, Paul & Smith, Peter, 1987. "Long-term unemployment and the shifting U-V curve : A multi-country study," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-2), pages 296-305.
- L. Wade, 1988. "Review," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 58(1), pages 99-100, July.
- Engle, Robert F. & Yoo, Byung Sam, 1987. "Forecasting and testing in co-integrated systems," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 143-159, May.
- Kurt Brännäs & Henry Ohlsson, 1999. "Asymmetric Time Series and Temporal Aggregation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(2), pages 341-344, May.
- Neftci, Salih N, 1984. "Are Economic Time Series Asymmetric over the Business Cycle?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(2), pages 307-328, April.
- Jaeger, Albert & Parkinson, Martin, 1994. "Some evidence on hysteresis in unemployment rates," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 329-342, February.
- Hargreaves Heap, S P, 1980. "Choosing the Wrong 'Natural' Rate: Accelerating Inflation or Decelerating Employment and Growth?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(359), pages 611-620, September.
- Granger, Clive W J, 1995. "Modelling Nonlinear Relationships between Extended-Memory Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(2), pages 265-279, March.
- Sims, Christopher A & Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 1990. "Inference in Linear Time Series Models with Some Unit Roots," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 113-144, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Choudhry, Taufiq & Hassan, Syed S., 2015. "Exchange rate volatility and UK imports from developing countries: The effect of the global financial crisis," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 89-101.
- Yann Schorderet, 2002. "A Nonlinear Generalization of Cointegration : A Note on Hidden Cointegration," Research Papers by the Institute of Economics and Econometrics, Geneva School of Economics and Management, University of Geneva 2002.03, Institut d'Economie et Econométrie, Université de Genève.
- Martin Boďa & Petra Medveďová & Mariana Považanová, 2015.
"(A)symetria v Okunovom zákone v štátoch Vyšehradskej skupiny
[(A)symmetry in Okun’s Law in the Visegrad Group Countries]," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2015(6), pages 741-758.
- Hovi Matti & Laamanen Jani-Petri, 2017. "Adaptation and Loss Aversion in the Relationship between GDP and Subjective Well-being," Working Papers 1717, University of Tampere, School of Management, Economics.
- Fedoseeva, Svetlana, 2015. "Same Currency, Different Strategies? The Role of the Exchange Rate in Shaping European Agri-Food Exports," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211630, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Fedoseeva, Svetlana & Zeidan, Rodrigo, 2016. "A dead-end tunnel or the light at the end of it: The role of BRICs in European exports," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 237-248.
- repec:eee:finana:v:52:y:2017:i:c:p:252-259 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pal, Debdatta & Mitra, Subrata K., 2016. "Asymmetric oil product pricing in India: Evidence from a multiple threshold nonlinear ARDL model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 314-328.
More about this item
KeywordsHysteresis; unemployment; non-linearity; cointegration;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:ucsdec:qt2fb7n2wd. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deucsus.html .