How Backward are the Other Backward Classes? Changing Contours of Caste Disadvantage in India
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ashwini Deshpande & Rajesh Ramachandran, 2013. "How Backward are the Other Backward Classes? Changing Contours of Caste Disadvantage in India," Working Papers id:5422, eSocialSciences.
References listed on IDEAS
- Viktoria Hnatkovska & Amartya Lahiri & Sourabh Paul, 2012. "Castes and Labor Mobility," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 274-307, April.
- Ashwini Deshpande, 2007. "Overlapping Identities under Liberalization: Gender and Caste in India," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 735-760.
- Ben Jann, 2008. "The Blinder–Oaxaca decomposition for linear regression models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 8(4), pages 453-479, December.
- Zacharias, Ajit & Vakulabharanam, Vamsi, 2011. "Caste Stratification and Wealth Inequality in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1820-1833.
- Deshpande, Ashwani, 2011. "The Grammar of Caste: Economic Discrimination in Contemporary India," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198072034, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:102:y:2018:i:c:p:331-344 is not listed on IDEAS
- Deshpande, Ashwini & Goel, Deepti & Khanna, Shantanu, 2018.
"Bad Karma or Discrimination? Male–Female Wage Gaps Among Salaried Workers in India,"
Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 331-344.
- Ashwini Deshpande & Deepti Goel & Shantanu Khanna, 2015. "Bad Karma or Discrimination? Male-Female Wage Gaps among Salaried Workers in India," Working Papers id:6883, eSocialSciences.
- Deshpande, Ashwini & Goel, Deepti & Khanna, Shantanu, 2015. "Bad Karma or Discrimination? Male-Female Wage Gaps among Salaried Workers in India," IZA Discussion Papers 9485, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ashwini Deshpande & Deepti Goel & Shantanu Khanna, 2015. "Bad Karma Or Discrimination? Male-Female Wage Gaps Among Salaried Workers In India," Working papers 243, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Subha Mani & Saurabh Singhal & Smriti Sharma & Utteeyo Dasgupta, 2016. "Caste differences in behaviour and personality Evidence from India," WIDER Working Paper Series 060, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cde:cdewps:233. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sanjeev Sharma). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cdudein.html .