Output-specific inputs in DEA: an application to courts
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Posner, Richard A, 2000. "Is the Ninth Circuit Too Large? A Statistical Study of Judicial Quality," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(2), pages 711-719, June.
- Färe, Rolf & Karagiannis, Giannis, 2014. "A postscript on aggregate Farrell efficiencies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 233(3), pages 784-786.
- Laurens Cherchye & Bram De Rock & Bart Dierynck & Filip Roodhooft & Jeroen Sabbe, 2013.
"Opening the “Black Box” of Efficiency Measurement: Input Allocation in Multioutput Settings,"
INFORMS, vol. 61(5), pages 1148-1165, October.
- Laurens CHERCHYE & Bram DE ROCK & Bart DIERYNCK & Filip ROODHOOFT & Jeroen SABBE, 2011. "Opening the 'black box' of efficiency measurement: input allocation in multi-output settings," Working Papers of Department of Economics, Leuven ces11.10, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Department of Economics, Leuven.
- Laurens Cherchye & Bram De Rock & Bart Dierynck & Filip Roodhooft & Jeroen Sabbe, 2013. "Opening the Black Box of Efficiency Measurement: Input Allocation in Multi-Output Settings," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/151675, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Cherchye, L. & De Rock, B. & Dierynck, B. & Roodhooft, F. & Sabbe, J., 2011. "Opening the ‘Black box’ of efficiency measurement: Input allocation in Multi-output settings," Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series 2011-13, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- B. Hollingsworth & P. Smith, 2003. "Use of ratios in data envelopment analysis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(11), pages 733-735.
- Santos, Sérgio P. & Amado, Carla A.F., 2014. "On the need for reform of the Portuguese judicial system – Does Data Envelopment Analysis assessment support it?," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 1-16.
- Martin Schneider, 2005. "Judicial Career Incentives and Court Performance: An Empirical Study of the German Labour Courts of Appeal," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 127-144, September.
- Falavigna, Greta & Ippoliti, Roberto & Manello, Alessandro & Ramello, Giovanni B., 2015. "Judicial productivity, delay and efficiency: A Directional Distance Function (DDF) approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(2), pages 592-601.
- Cherchye, Laurens & Rock, Bram De & Walheer, Barnabé, 2015. "Multi-output efficiency with good and bad outputs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(3), pages 872-881.
- Podinovski, V. V., 2005. "Selective convexity in DEA models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 161(2), pages 552-563, March.
- Cook, Wade D. & Hababou, Moez, 2001. "Sales performance measurement in bank branches," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 299-307, August.
- Tsai, P. F. & Mar Molinero, C., 2002. "A variable returns to scale data envelopment analysis model for the joint determination of efficiencies with an example of the UK health service," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 141(1), pages 21-38, August.
- Lewin, Arie Y & Morey, Richard C & Cook, Thomas J, 1982. "Evaluating the administrative efficiency of courts," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 401-411.
- John Salerian & Chris Chan, 2005. "Restricting Multiple-Output Multiple-Input DEA Models by Disaggregating the Output–Input Vector," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 5-29, September.
- Olesen, Ole Bent & Petersen, Niels Christian & Podinovski, Victor V., 2015. "Efficiency analysis with ratio measures," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 245(2), pages 446-462.
- M C S Portela & A S Camanho & D Borges, 2012. "Performance assessment of secondary schools: the snapshot of a country taken by DEA," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 63(8), pages 1098-1115, August.
- Thompson, Russell G. & Langemeier, Larry N. & Lee, Chih-Tah & Lee, Euntaik & Thrall, Robert M., 1990. "The role of multiplier bounds in efficiency analysis with application to Kansas farming," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 93-108.
- Thanassoulis, E. & Boussofiane, A. & Dyson, R. G., 1995. "Exploring output quality targets in the provision of perinatal care in England using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 588-607, February.
- Ozren Despić & Mladen Despić & Joseph Paradi, 2007. "DEA-R: ratio-based comparative efficiency model, its mathematical relation to DEA and its use in applications," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 33-44, October.
More about this item
KeywordsEfficiency measurement; output-specific inputs; government services; courts;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EFF-2016-11-13 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cap:mpaper:022016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ricardo Goncalves). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feucppt.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.