Poverty traps and livelihood options in rural Zimbabwe:Evidence from three districts
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- von Braun, Joachim & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth Suseela, 2009. ""Land grabbing" by foreign investors in developing countries: Risks and opportunities," Policy briefs 13, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Agnieszka Stacherzak & Maria Hełdak & Ladislav Hájek & Katarzyna Przybyła, 2019. "State Interventionism in Agricultural Land Turnover in Poland," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(6), pages 1-13, March.
- Haile, M.G. & Kalkuhl, M., 2014.
"Volatility in the international food markets: implications for global agricultural supply and for market and price policy,"
Proceedings “Schriften der Gesellschaft für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften des Landbaues e.V.”, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA), vol. 49, March.
- Haile, Mekbib Gebretsadik & Kalkuhl, Matthias, 2013. "Volatility in the international food markets: implications for global agricultural supply and for market and price policy," 53rd Annual Conference, Berlin, Germany, September 25-27, 2013 156097, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Palliere, Augustin & Cochet, Hubert, 2018. "Large private agricultural projects and job creation: From discourse to reality. Case study in Sella Limba, Sierra Leone," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 422-431.
- Poul Wisborg, 2014. "Transnational Land Deals and Gender Equality: Utilitarian and Human Rights Approaches," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 24-51, January.
- Desai, Raj M. & Olofsgård, Anders, 2019. "Can the poor organize? Public goods and self-help groups in rural India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 33-52.
- Franklin Allen and Giorgia Giovannetti, 2010. "Fragile Countries And The 2008-2009 Crisis," RSCAS Working Papers 2010/13, European University Institute.
- Arnim Scheidel & Katharine Farrell & Jesús Ramos-Martin & Mario Giampietro & Kozo Mayumi, 2014. "Land poverty and emerging ruralities in Cambodia: insights from Kampot province," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 823-840, August.
- Gouel, Christophe, 2013. "Optimal food price stabilisation policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 118-134.
- Sabrine Dhahri & Anis Omri, 2020. "Does foreign capital really matter for the host country agricultural production? Evidence from developing countries," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 156(1), pages 153-181, February.
- -, 2009. "The outlook for agriculture and rural development in the Americas: a perspective on Latin America and the Caribbean, 2009," Coediciones, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), number 1379 edited by Iica.
- Jeremy Bourgoin & Elodie Valette & Simon Guillouet & Djibril Diop & Djiby Dia, 2019. "Improving Transparency and Reliability of Tenure Information for Improved Land Governance in Senegal," Land, MDPI, vol. 8(3), pages 1-17, February.
- Hailu, Yohannes G. & Adelaja, Adesoji O. & Akaeze, Henry, 2011. "Strategic Acquisition of Agricultural Lands in Sub-Saharan Africa: Determinants of Country Targeting Behavior," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 104179, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Petrick, Martin & Wandel, Jürgen & Karsten, Katharina, 2013.
"Rediscovering the Virgin Lands: Agricultural investment and rural livelihoods in a Eurasian frontier area,"
EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 164-179.
- Petrick, Martin & Wandel, Jürgen & Karsten, Katharina, 2013. "Rediscovering the Virgin Lands: Agricultural Investment and Rural Livelihoods in a Eurasian Frontier Area," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 164-179.
- Di Corato, Luca & Hess, Sebastian, 2013.
"Farmland Investments in Africa: What’s the Deal?,"
Working Paper Series
2013:10, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department Economics.
- Luca Di Corato & Sebastian Hess, 2014. "Farmland Investments in Africa: What’s the Deal?," Working Papers 2014.23, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Di Corato, Luca & Hess, Sebastian, 2014. "Farmland Investments in Africa: What’s the Deal?," Climate Change and Sustainable Development 165793, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Di Corato, Luca & Hess, Sebastian, 2014. "Farmland Investment in Africa: What’s the Deal?," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182806, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Behrman, Julia & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth & Quisumbing, Agnes, 2011.
"The gender implications of large-scale land deals:,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1056, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Behrman, Julia A. & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth Suseela & Quisumbing, Agnes R., 2011. "The gender implications of large-scale land deals:," Policy briefs 17, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Giorgia Giovannetti & Elisa Ticci, 2013. "Foreign Direct Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa: Drivers and the Challenge of the Land-Energy Nexus," Working Papers - Economics wp2013_09.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Mabiso, Athur & Weatherspoon, Dave D., 2011. "The Impact of Biofuels Crop and Land Rental Markets on Farm Household Incomes: Evidence from South Africa," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103962, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Nolte, Kerstin & Voget-Kleschin, Lieske, 2014. "Consultation in Large-Scale Land Acquisitions: An Evaluation of Three Cases in Mali," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 654-668.
- Manda, S. & Tallontire, A. & Dougill, A.J., 2020. "Outgrower schemes and sugar value-chains in Zambia: Rethinking determinants of rural inclusion and exclusion," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 129(C).
- Larry Crump, 2014. "Adam Smith in a warmer world: climate change, multilateral trade and national food security," Prometheus, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(3), pages 297-318, September.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bwp:bwppap:12110. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/wpmanuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Rowena Harding (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/wpmanuk.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.