Report NEP-AFR-2010-10-23This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Miguel Niño-Zarazúa & Armando Barrientos & David Hulme & Sam Hickey, 2010. "Social protection in sub-Saharan Africa: Will the green shoots blossom?," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 11610, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Nico Meyer & Tamas Fenyes & Martin Breitenbach & Ernst Idsardi, 2010. "Bilateral and Regional Trade Agreements and Technical Barriers to Trade: An African Perspective," OECD Trade Policy Papers 96, OECD Publishing.
- Servaas van der Berg, 2010. "Current poverty and income distribution in the context of South African history," Working Papers 22/2010, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Sue Bowden & Paul Mosley, 2010. "Politics, public expenditure and the evolution of poverty in Africa 1920-2009," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 12510, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Enowbi Batuo, Michael & Guidi, Francesco & Mlambo, Kupukile, 2010. "Financial Development and Income Inequality: Evidence from African Countries," MPRA Paper 25658, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Göran Holmqvist, 2010. "Fertility impact of social transfers in Sub-Saharan Africa – What about pensions?," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 11910, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Johan Fourie & Dieter von Fintel, 2010. "A History with Evidence: Income inequality in the Dutch Cape Colony," Working Papers 23/2010, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Christopher L. Gilbert, 2010. "Food Prices in Six Developing Countries and the Grains Price Spike," Department of Economics Working Papers 1011, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Deepak Nayyar, 2010. "China, India, Brazil and South Africa in the World Economy: Engines of Growth?," Working Papers id:3039, eSocialSciences.
- Fosu, Augustin K., 2010. "Income Distribution and Growth’s Ability to Reduce Poverty: Evidence from Rural and Urban African Economies," WIDER Working Paper Series 092, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Carlos Bozzoli, 2010. "A Lost Generation? Long Term Socioeconomic Outcomes in Orphans," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1069, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Steven F. Koch, 2010. "Fractional Multinomial Response Models With An Application To Expenditure Shares," Working Papers 201021, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Kinda, Tidiane & Loening, Josef, 2010. "Small Enterprise Growth and the Rural Investment Climate: Evidence from Tanzania," MPRA Paper 25894, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Blessing M. Chiripanhura, 2010. "Poverty traps and livelihood options in rural Zimbabwe:Evidence from three districts," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 12110, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Ralitza Dimova & Kunal Sen, 2010. "Is household income diversification a means of survival or a means of accumulation? Panel data evidence from Tanzania," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 12210, GDI, The University of Manchester.