An Investigation of Editorial Favoritism in the AER
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Philip R P Coelho & James E McClure & Peter J Reilly, 2014. "An Investigation of Editorial Favoritism in the AER," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 40(2), pages 274-281, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Leamer, Edward E, 1985. "Sensitivity Analyses Would Help," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 308-313, June.
- Laband, David N & Piette, Michael J, 1994. "Favoritism versus Search for Good Papers: Empirical Evidence Regarding the Behavior of Journal Editors," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(1), pages 194-203, February.
- Yohe, Gary W, 1980. "Current Publication Lags in Economics Journals," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 18(3), pages 1050-1055, September.
- Philip R. P. Coelho & James E. McClure, 2006. "Why Has Critical Commentary Been Curtailed at Top Economics Journals? A Reply to Robert Whaples," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 3(2), pages 283-291, May.
- Scott Smart & Joel Waldfogel, 1996. "A Citation-Based Test for Discrimination at Economics and Finance Journals," NBER Working Papers 5460, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tsui1, Anne S. & Galaskiewicz, Joseph, 2011. "Commitment to Excellence: Upholding Research Integrity at Management and Organization Review," Management and Organization Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 389-395, November.
More about this item
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- B40 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2012-09-22 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-SOG-2012-09-22 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bsu:wpaper:201203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tung Liu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/debsuus.html .