Changes in Math Prerequisites and Student Performance in Business Statistics: Do Math Prerequisites Really Matter?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- J. S. Butler & T. Aldrich Finegan & John J. Siegfried, 1998.
"Does more calculus improve student learning in intermediate micro- and macroeconomic theory?,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(2), pages 185-202.
- Butler, J S & Finegan, T Aldrich & Siegfried, John J, 1994. "Does More Calculus Improve Student Learning in Intermediate Micro and Macro Economic Theory?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 206-210, May.
- Randall Krieg & Bulent Uyar, 2001. "Student performance in business and economics statistics: Does exam structure matter?," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 25(2), pages 229-241, June.
- Richard H. Mattoon, 2007. "Can higher education foster economic growth?—a conference summary," Chicago Fed Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Mar.
- William E. Becker & William H. Greene, 2001. "Teaching Statistics and Econometrics to Undergraduates," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 169-182, Fall.
- Charles L. Ballard & Marianne F. Johnson, 2004. "Basic Math Skills and Performance in an Introductory Economics Class," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 3-23, January.
- Becker, William E, 1998. "Engaging Students in Quantitative Analysis with Short Case Examples from the Academic and Popular Press," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 480-486, May.
More about this item
Keywordsbinary probit; business statistics; math prerequisites; student performance.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-07-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2007-07-27 (Business Economics)
- NEP-EDU-2007-07-27 (Education)
- NEP-SOG-2007-07-27 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bsu:wpaper:200704. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tung Liu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/debsuus.html .