Bubbles and Total Factor Productivity
Evidence shows that asset price bubbles typically precede financial crises and financial crises are accompanied by the collapse of bubbles. In addition, stock market booms and busts are typically associated with credit market booms and busts. The recent US housing and stock markets bubbles and the subsequent Great Recession that began in late 2007 provide an example. The stock market booms in the early 1990s and the subsequent Asian financial crisis in 1997 provide ...
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 270 Bay State Road, Boston, MA 02215|
Web page: http://www.bu.edu/econ/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rui Albuquerque & Hugo A. Hopenhayn, 2004. "Optimal Lending Contracts and Firm Dynamics," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 71(2), pages 285-315.
- Felipe Meza & Erwan Quintin, 2005. "Financial crises and total factor productivity," Center for Latin America Working Papers 0105, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Miao, Jianjun & Wang, Pengfei, 2015.
"Banking bubbles and financial crises,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 763-792.
- Jianjun Miao & PENGFEI WANG, 2012. "Banking Bubbles and Financial Crisis," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2012-010, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Jianjun Miao & PENGFEI WANG, 2011. "Sectoral Bubbles and Endogenous Growth," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2011-032, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Pengfei Wang & Jianjun Miao, 2012. "Sectoral Bubbles and Endogenous Growth," 2012 Meeting Papers 227, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Albert Queralto, 2011. "Financial Market Frictions, Productivity Growth and Crises in Emerging Economies," 2011 Meeting Papers 697, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Pengfei Wang & Jianjun Miao, 2011. "Bubbles and Credit Constraints," 2011 Meeting Papers 94, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Jianjun Miao & PENGFEI WANG, 2011. "Bubbles and Credit Constraints," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2011-031, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Tirole, Jean, 1985. "Asset Bubbles and Overlapping Generations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1499-1528, November.
- Zheng Liu & Pengfei Wang, 2014. "Credit Constraints and Self-Fulfilling Business Cycles," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 32-69, January. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bos:wpaper:wp2011-030. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gillian Gurish)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.