Firms' Network Formation Through the Transmission of Heterogeneous Knowledge
This paper studies the evolution of a network of leading firms that are engaged in an active search to improve their technological capability through interaction with knowledge-heterogeneous firms. Through the simulation of a linear model of technological spillovers we show the emergence of paradigm setters and the impact of search routines on the system’s average performance
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Piazza Scaravilli, 2, and Strada Maggiore, 45, 40125 Bologna|
Phone: +39 051 209 8019 and 2600
Fax: +39 051 209 8040 and 2664
Web page: http://www.dse.unibo.it
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Matthew O. Jackson & Brian W. Rogers, 2005.
"The Economics of Small Worlds,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 3(2-3), pages 617-627, 04/05.
- Jackson, Matthew O. & Rogers, Brian W., 2005. "The economics of small worlds," Working Papers 1214, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Matthew O. Jackson & Brian W. Rogers, 2005. "The Economics of Small Worlds," Game Theory and Information 0503004, EconWPA.
- Arenas, Alex & Diaz-Guilera, Albert & Perez, Conrad J. & Vega-Redondo, Fernando, 2002. "Self-organized criticality in evolutionary systems with local interaction," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 26(12), pages 2115-2142, October.
- Albert Díaz-Guilera & Alex Arenas Moreno & Conrad J. Pérez Vicente & Fernando Vega Redondo, 2000. "Self-Organized Criticality In Evolutionary Systems With Local Interaction," Working Papers. Serie AD 2000-30, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Cowan, Robin & Jonard, Nicolas, 2004. "Network structure and the diffusion of knowledge," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1557-1575, June.
- Cowan Robin & Jonard Nicolas, 1999. "Network Structure and the Diffusion of Knowledge," Research Memorandum 026, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Massimo Egidi & Massimo Ricottilli, 1997. "Co-ordination and Specialization," CEEL Working Papers 9703, Cognitive and Experimental Economics Laboratory, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- R. Andergassen & F. Nardini & M. Ricottilli, 2004. "The Emergence of Paradigm Setters through Firms' Interaction and Network Formation," Working Papers 525, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bol:bodewp:543. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.