Firms' Network Formation Through the Transmission of Heterogeneous Knowledge
This paper studies the evolution of a network of leading firms that are engaged in an active search to improve their technological capability through interaction with knowledge-heterogeneous firms. Through the simulation of a linear model of technological spillovers we show the emergence of paradigm setters and the impact of search routines on the system’s average performance
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Piazza Scaravilli, 2, and Strada Maggiore, 45, 40125 Bologna|
Phone: +39 051 209 8019 and 2600
Fax: +39 051 209 8040 and 2664
Web page: http://www.dse.unibo.it
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Massimo Egidi & Massimo Ricottilli, 1997. "Co-ordination and Specialization," CEEL Working Papers 9703, Cognitive and Experimental Economics Laboratory, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Albert Díaz-Guilera & Alex Arenas Moreno & Conrad J. Pérez Vicente & Fernando Vega Redondo, 2000.
"Self-Organized Criticality In Evolutionary Systems With Local Interaction,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
2000-30, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Arenas, Alex & Diaz-Guilera, Albert & Perez, Conrad J. & Vega-Redondo, Fernando, 2002. "Self-organized criticality in evolutionary systems with local interaction," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 26(12), pages 2115-2142, October.
- Matthew O. Jackson & Brian W. Rogers, 2005.
"The Economics of Small Worlds,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 3(2-3), pages 617-627, 04/05.
- Matthew O. Jackson & Brian W. Rogers, 2005. "The Economics of Small Worlds," Game Theory and Information 0503004, EconWPA.
- Jackson, Matthew O. & Rogers, Brian W., 2005. "The economics of small worlds," Working Papers 1214, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Cowan Robin & Jonard Nicolas, 1999.
"Network Structure and the Diffusion of Knowledge,"
026, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- R. Andergassen & F. Nardini & M. Ricottilli, 2004. "The Emergence of Paradigm Setters through Firms' Interaction and Network Formation," Working Papers 525, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bol:bodewp:543. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.