Fear of the market or fear of the competitor? Ambiguity in a real options game
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thijssen, Jacco J.J. & Huisman, Kuno J.M. & Kort, Peter M., 2012.
"Symmetric equilibrium strategies in game theoretic real option models,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 219-225.
- Thijssen, J.J.J. & Huisman, K.J.M. & Kort, P.M., 2002. "Symmetric Equilibrium Strategies in Game Theoretical Real Option Models," Discussion Paper 2002-81, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gilboa, Itzhak & Schmeidler, David, 1989. "Maxmin expected utility with non-unique prior," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 141-153, April.
- Thijssen, Jacco J.J., 2010. "Preemption in a real option game with a first mover advantage and player-specific uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 145(6), pages 2448-2462, November.
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 1985. "Preemption and Rent Equalization in the Adoption of New Technology," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(3), pages 383-401.
- Billette de Villemeur, Etienne & Ruble, Richard & Versaevel, Bruno, 2014. "Investment timing and vertical relationships," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 110-123.
- Kuno J.M. Huisman & Peter M. Kort, 2015. "Strategic capacity investment under uncertainty," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 46(2), pages 376-408, June.
- Grzegorz Pawlina & Peter M. Kort, 2006.
"Real Options in an Asymmetric Duopoly: Who Benefits from Your Competitive Disadvantage?,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 1-35, March.
- Pawlina, G. & Kort, P.M., 2001. "Real Options in an Aymmetric Duopoly : Who Benefits from your Competitive Disadvantage," Discussion Paper 2001-95, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Nishimura, Kiyohiko G. & Ozaki, Hiroyuki, 2007. "Irreversible investment and Knightian uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 668-694, September.
- Helen Weeds, 2002.
"Strategic Delay in a Real Options Model of R&D Competition,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 69(3), pages 729-747.
- Weeds, H., 2000. "Strategic Delay in a Real Optimna Model of R&D Competition," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 576, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Zengjing Chen & Larry Epstein, 2002.
"Ambiguity, Risk, and Asset Returns in Continuous Time,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(4), pages 1403-1443, July.
- Zengjing Chen & Larry G. Epstein, 2000. "Ambiguity, risk and asset returns in continuous time," RCER Working Papers 474, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Boyarchenko, Svetlana & Levendorskiĭ, Sergei, 2014. "Preemption games under Lévy uncertainty," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 354-380.
- Azevedo, Alcino & Paxson, Dean, 2014. "Developing real option game models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 237(3), pages 909-920.
- Riedel, Frank & Steg, Jan-Henrik, 2017.
"Subgame-perfect equilibria in stochastic timing games,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 36-50.
- Riedel, Frank & Steg, Jan-Henrik, 2014. "Subgame-Perfect Equilibria in Stochastic Timing Games," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 524, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
More about this item
KeywordsReal Options; Knightian Uncertainty; Worst–Case Prior; Optimal Stopping; Timing Game;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MIC-2015-01-31 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bie:wpaper:533. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bettina Weingarten). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imbiede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.