Environmental Taxation and the Double Dividend: A Drawback for a Revenue-Neutral Tax Reform
We exhibit the structure of totally balanced games, discuss some conditions for a game to be extreme within the cone of totally balanced games and provide conditions for the core to be a von Neumann-Morgenstern stable set. Our emphasis is put on exact and 'orthogonal' games. The main message is that the unique representation of such games, the extreme point property, and the existence of stable sets can be ensured if the game has 'sufficiently many players' of each of a finite set of types.
|Date of creation:||Jul 1997|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.imw.uni-bielefeld.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ruud de Mooij & A. Bovenberg, 1998.
"Environmental Taxes, International Capital Mobility and Inefficient Tax Systems: Tax Burden vs. Tax Shifting,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 7-39, February.
- Ruud A. de Mooij & A. Lans Bovenberg, . "Environmental Taxes, International Capital Mobility and Inefficient Tax Systems: Tax Burden vs. Tax Shifting," EPRU Working Paper Series 95-14, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Bovenberg, A.L. & van der Ploeg, F., 1993.
"Optimal taxation, public goods and environmental policy with involuntary unemployment,"
1993-77, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bovenberg, A. Lans & van der Ploeg, Frederick, 1996. "Optimal taxation, public goods and environmental policy with involuntary unemployment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1-2), pages 59-83, October.
- Bovenberg, A.L. & van der Ploeg, F., 1996. "Optimal taxation, public goods and environmental policy with involuntary unemployment," Other publications TiSEM 2a1a87d9-2ed9-41a7-b3aa-b, School of Economics and Management.
- McDonald, Ian M & Solow, Robert M, 1981. "Wage Bargaining and Employment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 896-908, December.
- Schneider, Kerstin, 1997. " Involuntary Unemployment and Environmental Policy: The Double Dividend Hypothesis," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 99(1), pages 45-49, March.
- Creedy, John & McDonald, Ian M, 1991. "Models of Trade Union Behaviour: A Synthesis," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 67(199), pages 346-59, December.
- Bayindir-Upmann, Thorsten & Raith, Matthias G., 2003. "Should high-tax countries pursue revenue-neutral ecological tax reforms?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 41-60, February.
- Koskela, Erkki & Schob, Ronnie, 1999. "Alleviating unemployment:: The case for green tax reforms," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(9), pages 1723-1746, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bie:wpaper:274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dr. Frederik Herzberg)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.