On Cooperative Solutions of a Generalized Assignment Game: Limit Theorems to the Set of Competitive Equilibria
We study two cooperative solutions of a market with indivisible goods modeled as a generalized assignment game: Set-wise stability and Core. We first establish that the Set-wise stable set is contained in the Core and it contains the non-empty set of competitive equilibrium payo¤s. We then state and prove three limit results for replicated markets. First, the sequence of Cores of replicated markets converges to the set of competitive equilibrium payo¤s when the number of replicas tends to infinity. Second, the Set-wise stable set of a two-fold replicated market already coincides with the set of competitive equilibrium payoffs. Third, for any number of replicas there is a market with a Core payoff that is not a competitive equilibrium payoff.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ramon Trias Fargas, 25-27, 08005 Barcelona|
Phone: +34 93 542-1222
Fax: +34 93 542-1223
Web page: http://www.barcelonagse.eu
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sotomayor, Marilda, 1999. "Three remarks on the many-to-many stable matching problem," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 55-70, July.
- Mamoru Kaneko & Myrna Holtz Wooders, 1982.
"Cores of Partitioning Games,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
620, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Camina, Ester, 2006.
"A generalized assignment game,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 152-161, September.
- Myrna Wooders, 2009.
"Cores of Many-Player Games; Nonemptiness and Equal Treatment,"
Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers
0918, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Myrna Wooders, 2010. "Cores of many-player games; nonemptiness and equal treatment," Review of Economic Design, Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 14(1), pages 131-162, March.
- Klaus Bettina & Walzl Markus, 2006.
"Stable Many-to-Many Matchings with Contracts,"
042, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Daniel Jaume & Jordi Massó & Alejandro Neme, 2010.
"The Multiple-partners Assignment Game with Heterogeneous Sales and Multi-unit Demands: Competitive Equilibria,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
808.10, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Daniel Jaume & Jordi Massó & Alejandro Neme, 2012. "The multiple-partners assignment game with heterogeneous sales and multi-unit demands: competitive equilibria," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 76(2), pages 161-187, October.
- Daniel Jaume & Jordi Massó & Alejandro Neme, 2009. "The Multiple-partners Assignment Game with Heterogeneous Sells and Multi-unit Demands: Competitive Equilibria," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 802.09, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Daniel Jaume & Jordi Massó & Alejandro Neme, . "The Multiple-partners Assignment Game with Heterogeneous Sells and Multi-unit Demands: Competitive Equilibria," Working Papers 389, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Paul Milgrom, 2009.
"Assignment Messages and Exchanges,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 1(2), pages 95-113, August.
- Wooders, Myrna Holtz, 1983. "The epsilon core of a large replica game," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 277-300, July.
- Marilda Sotomayor, 1999. "The lattice structure of the set of stable outcomes of the multiple partners assignment game," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 28(4), pages 567-583.
- Edgeworth, Francis Ysidro, 1881. "Mathematical Psychics," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number edgeworth1881.
- Wooders, Myrna Holtz, 1994. "Equivalence of Games and Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(5), pages 1141-60, September.
- repec:spr:compst:v:76:y:2012:i:2:p:161-187 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sotomayor, Marilda, 2007. "Connecting the cooperative and competitive structures of the multiple-partners assignment game," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 134(1), pages 155-174, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bge:wpaper:438. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruno Guallar)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.